Bandsaw dust collection

Josh Purton

Recent winds have really got me thinking I need to do better with sawdust, currently my Woodland Mills just throws it out against some boards and occasionally il scrape it up with the digger. 

other than the obvious hang a bucket over the sawdust outlet which then needs emptying every other cut, what have other people done to this mill or similar to manage the dust? Photos would be great! 

I should add that my mill is completely static, mounted on RSJ’s since I’ve converted it to a 1,1m cut. Not a mobile mill and won’t leave the yard so a more permanent dust collector, preferably petrol or can use a generator if required is what I’m looking to do i think 

Thanks

I’ve bought a used version of this, I think it’s 3.3kw though and it’s 3ph but that’s fine as it’s up at the farm.

WWW.LOGOSOL.CO.UK

<h3>Profit from a good chip set-up</h3><p>You have a lot to gain from having a good chip set-up. Your machines will work more efficiently, and you get a better end result as well as a more pleasant working environment. Another good reason is that both s

Yet to use it but from what I’ve seen it will lift the chips from my Log Cabin Log Moulder with ease so should manage sawdust without an eye blink.

You could use a firewood processor dust extractor and a cyclone but decent ones will be 2k plus so not worth it unless you're doing a lot of milling.

If you go down the route of an extractor fan it needs to be a heavy duty one that can take slithers of wood that might go down the pipe. 

You could use a firewood processor dust extractor and a cyclone but decent ones will be 2k plus so not worth it unless you're doing a lot of milling.

If you go down the route of an extractor fan it needs to be a heavy duty one that can take slithers of wood that might go down the pipe. 

Like they system I linked to earlier?

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Like they system I linked to earlier?

I missed that. Yeah, it looks ok, I only have experience with the firewood ones but that looks like it's designed for finer dust which should be ok unless you get unlucky.

1 minute ago, gdh said:

I missed that. Yeah, it looks ok, I only have experience with the firewood ones but that looks like it's designed for finer dust which should be ok unless you get unlucky.

Logosol use them to clear chip and shavings. With their 4 sided planers and log moulders.