Firewood wanted arb waste accepted! Cheshire/Staffs border

BigRon

I give quite a bit of my wood away to people, I give them a call and they come to the job and take it away, saves me a lot of messing. Some give a few beers for it. I keep some for my own use....it is handy to have somewhere to get rid of it if you need too.

• Like 6

I got 4 tipper loads of oak, a 36" dbh tree, last week.  Tree surgeon working a couple of streets away.  He tips at mine and is back at the job site in a few minutes.  He didn't ask for any payment but I gave him a little as thanks. Mainly he was just very pleased to drop it so close by.

Round here a tree surgeon will earn far more than a firewood producer, plus they don't have the space to deal with it, so a handy and free to them tip site is a boon.

If some of you guys want to process yourself and sell, or can sell green arb waste, good! Why don't you give the op a price, your number, let him know when you'll have something for him and what it'll be, instead of sarcasm or attitude?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, neiln said:

I got 4 tipper loads of oak, a 36" dbh tree, last week.  Tree surgeon working a couple of streets away.  He tips at mine and is back at the job site in a few minutes.  He didn't ask for any payment but I gave him a little as thanks. Mainly he was just very pleased to drop it so close by.

Round here a tree surgeon will earn far more than a firewood producer, plus they don't have the space to deal with it, so a handy and free to them tip site is a boon.

If some of you guys want to process yourself and sell, or can sell green arb waste, good! Why don't you give the op a price, your number, let him know when you'll have something for him and what it'll be, instead of sarcasm or attitude?

Works the same way with a couple of roofers i know they strip an old tile roof which is superb for hard core when its smashed up chucking it into their transit tipper. They drop it off at my yard and i use it for fill and mix it with type one sub base.

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 3

You've not got to drive very far at all with a load of arb offcuts (particularly if you have three loads to shift over a day) before it's costing you more than the potential profit in firewood once the costs of processing, storing and delivering are taken into account.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, doobin said:

You've not got to drive very far at all with a load of arb offcuts (particularly if you have three loads to shift over a day) before it's costing you more than the potential profit in firewood once the costs of processing, storing and delivering are taken into account.

Exactly, makes me laugh that people jump on a thread.

If it works for you taking timber away that’s great, if not I’ll take it for a brew, some venison steaks or alike 👍🏻 That’s how the world goes round in my eyes

• Like 6