BS 3998 for tree inspection

Hi, I am studying the ABC level 2 forestry and I am trying to answer questions about tree inspections. Several of the questions require reference to BS 3998 in terms of the importance of a systematic and diagnostic approach as well as risk factors. I do not have access to the full BS 3998 document but was advised to seek out condensed versions on council websites. I found a few of these but they seem to relate mainly to work which would be carried out after a survey such as pruning and I cannot see any reference to tree surveys. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, lowflyingsasquatch said:

Hi, I am studying the ABC level 2 forestry and I am trying to answer questions about tree inspections. Several of the questions require reference to BS 3998 in terms of the importance of a systematic and diagnostic approach as well as risk factors. I do not have access to the full BS 3998 document but was advised to seek out condensed versions on council websites. I found a few of these but they seem to relate mainly to work which would be carried out after a survey such as pruning and I cannot see any reference to tree surveys. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

I will have a look over weekend, its BS3998 2010, think i have the pdf. Got it from  a naughty man K

You can buy a condensed version from Treelife here for £35 which might help.

Improve your learning and understanding of tree work through better access and knowledge of the contents of a...

Edited by LynherTraining

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately the BS3998:2010 Tree Work - recommendations document does not relate to tree surveys. Can anyone with the Tree Life concise guide tell me if it has a section on surveys so I know if its worth me buying? Alternatively if anyone has done the course and could tell me where they got the information to answer the questions? This is driving me nuts!