Longest Bar to use everyday on Husvarna xp 550 or equivalent t

cessna

I only do a a small amount of forestry clearing windblown trees for firewood. I use a Husqvarna xp 550 with a 15" bar  as a nice light saw ,the only problem is the bar is to short for some work, so I was wondering how long a bar I dare put on it before I run out of power. I don't want to buy another saw as so expensive.  Thanks for any suggetions

You definitely need another saw, one with the 15in and one with an 18in (your existing saw could be either of these).

Another saw is always the answer to any problem.

Anyone here who doesn't agree with me 100% on this should be chucked off the forum forthwith.

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

18"  is as big as you want to put on it all the time. I think the manaul says it will go to 20" but that would put a lot of strain on it. If you could find some lo pro bars in the right mount then you might be able.e to go to 24" but you would need to change sprockets. I've not run long pro on a 550 so I can't comment on how good it would be, I doubt it would be good for the saw mind.

• Like 1