climbing harness

RobG 86

Impossible question to answer as everybody is different. What one climber will like another will detest. Best bet is to go along to Honey’s or Jones’s etc and try some on. I climbed on an American import harness for years before moving to a treemotion and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Try them on before you part with your cash

• Like 4

Book with a provider who has equipment for hire, that way you'll at least find out what you find comfortable or not, features you found useful etc when looking at parting with your own cash. You'll also get to discuss what others are using and their thoughts, trainers and assessors will be a mine of invaluable information. For my own use I've had a couple of treemotions and a Petzl Seqouia, both have strengths and weaknesses it just comes down to where your priorities are. 

Well worth trying before you buy.

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, htb said:

Got to cut weight where he can.

Too true, I had some just like them 5 years ago, unbelievably (not really) I ran one of them over with the loader, and couldn’t bear to fork out again immediately. So I went back to my old aluminum ones.

The lad that is learning to climb is borrowing my stuff. I got fed up of looking at him wearing a raggedy old Weaver and spikes with stapled together straps and realizing they’re mine!

• Like 2