Injuries that have made you retire

Cob-logging

Hi all just wondering if any of you have had an injury that has stopped you from climbing and to retire just had a maybe one not shore of out come yet 

ring finger 25 percent bone gone 70 percent ligament all muscle fat and skin from top of knuckle little finger 10 percent ligament deep cut to knuckle 

so surgeon not now if I will be able to grip

rope 

419BA301-1DF0-47EC-8B4C-7762CCDA0398.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Christ that's bad Best of luck with recovery. 

It's going to be longer then 7 days before you know if you can grip rope, I would of thought consultant will be saying depending on how it heels and how physio works will be the answer to your question. 

Man I feel your pain.

April 23rd 2021 I clipped my finger with a circular saw.  Actually clipped is an understatement.  I severed nerves from 4 fingers and did 5 tendons.  Ended up in Aand E and had 4.5 hours micro surgery and over 200 stitches to repair.

The first thing the surgeon did was explain I would probably never climb again.  I had scored the bones and they were really concerned the tendons would fuse to the bone and my finger would be locked in position.

I was doing physio every hour I was awake to prevent it happening.  This was 3 days after surgery.

Fingers are still numb and the cold is a bitch but I have been back work a while now, usually 3 days a week.  But full time back climbing in May.

I am back doing a bit of Muay Thai and BJJ.

I wish you well in you’re recovery, there is hope yet.

Good luck.

As they say, pictures or it didn’t happen…. Trust me this happened in a seconds lapse of concentration.

The last picture is how it looked this morning.  It is still very stiff in the mornings but warms up ok.  It depends on how much work I have done the previous days.

3084A95E-7468-4885-8C60-40216E5A7303.jpeg

E7538942-3F5E-4E6F-99EB-75E356661149.jpeg

A10CD835-45CE-4402-827E-876AA2AC7F4F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1