Stihl communication?

Old Mill Tree Care

3 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Are they push to talk or voice activation oh and where did you get em Chris?

Take it you can connect to a phone and stream music and take call’s as well ?

Don't know owt about them in fairness..... Still in their boxes. 

Bought from Dick Leighs. 

Online with balmers at same price

• Like 1

Hi all, I just received a pair of the Stihl ProCOM. I can confirm that they do connect with other Sena devices with Mesh 2.0 capability (30k, 50s, TuffTalk M, +Mesh, MeshPort Blue, MeshPort Red). This is because the Stihl ProCOM headset is built on the Sena Mesh Module.

I’ve been following the development of Bluetooth communication devices that can be used for arb work over the years and I think this is the best product that has been released so far. Especially for companies employing staff as it’s the first Bluetooth communication device that is fully compliant for arb work (including chipper noise).

Here are some of the criteria that I have been looking for in an arb communication system:
•  Chipper spec ear defenders
•  Does not require PPE to be modified
•  Sound produced by the internal speakers is limited to 82dB
•  Ease of pairing with other crew members
•  Microphone can be muted
•  Communication isn’t interrupted if someone goes out of range
•  Durable cables
•  Durable charging port
•  Internal or slimline antenna
•  Affordable price

The Stihl ProCOM meets all these criteria that I have been looking for except for affordable price. Hopefully in the not too distant future products like this will come down in price. The fact that both Sena and Cardo have made their Mesh modules available for other companies to incorporate them in products makes me hopeful that this will create a good amount of competition in this market and drive prices for these devices down.

Some of the new products being released that incorporate the Cardo Crew Pro-1 mesh module are:

•  Sordin Share (unfortunately not chipper spec and almost twice the price of ProCOM)
•  JSP Sonnis Comms (long antenna, not sure of price yet)
•  Cardo Crew Comm-Set (long antenna, not sure if chipper spec and not sure of price yet)

Hope this info is useful to some people.

Regards
James Armstrong (Arborist/Tech Nerd[emoji28])
0DCF936D-80F5-47D6-8654-7D112674B6BC.thumb.jpeg.87aa5c754aa2d717e00dab3bd52a1d24.jpeg
41EFBCF5-CD2A-4A87-A0E8-AD9F6CED9119.jpeg.84b8fc6de382fb13ed5cf21b0df09700.jpeg
B1007BFC-B9E3-4346-A607-BC3B3765047C.thumb.png.c5525435544b918daceeb69f8ed2d88f.png
18B1E306-0326-4632-9684-5D40D5D7BA92.jpeg.4b8e3b1fabb8a1d8ccaaa43e5f2498e9.jpeg
4A548F3D-5FA2-43CD-A44B-0C1345937B72.png.571c3866688e9e7582efb37965b07a0f.png

tapatalk_1649577253156.jpeg

These actually look good as can fit the husky visors rather than the tiny stupid Stihl ones with springs that always disappear, any more information on them or is this just a proposed product?

6 hours ago, Gray git said:

tapatalk_1649577253156.jpeg

These actually look good as can fit the husky visors rather than the tiny stupid Stihl ones with springs that always disappear, any more information on them or is this just a proposed product?

If you check the thread you’ll find some peeps already have them.