Stihl communication?

Old Mill Tree Care

2 hours ago, Old Mill Tree Care said:

What? Are you saying they won’t pair with any Sena model?
Someone previously said that they’ll pair with any ‘mesh’ system and that includes some Sena models🤷🏼‍♂️.
So I have SMH 10r but I can’t find out if they are mesh technology or not.

that's crap that don't work with sena..

been looking at a new set and from what i can see the smh10r aint mesh?

as mesh requires bluetooth v4 upwards and the smh10r is v3.

any other recommendations apart from smh10r?

Well that's a joke considering their using their tech.

Most of the guys I work with that have comms use sena. Probably because there's a really good bloke locally who fits them to your lids and does a great job.

The benefit of sena is that I can pair to one other non-sena headset if I need to.

I've also got a little sena headset (no helmet, just a headband) that I picked up for £120 that I can give to a crane driver if needed.
Yea I have all sena stuff got a crane com as well mate it's all good stuff just a bit fragile I have bought a stihl com seems well made unfortunately does not pair with sena it also says In stihl com instructions does not pair with any other brand of headset I've ordered 2 more time for a change from sena

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Gray git said:

So a couple of weeks on how's people finding these?

They are brilliant good riddens to sena complete game changer so easy to use they have great noise cancelling the ear muff is really good quality feels good on your ear if you get a phone call you still have communication with the other head sets if they talk it mutes phone call so you can here them

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bigtreedon said:

They are brilliant good riddens to sena complete game changer so easy to use they have great noise cancelling the ear muff is really good quality feels good on your ear if you get a phone call you still have communication with the other head sets if they talk it mutes phone call so you can here them

So can you have them set up so you can say listen to music through your phone and push to talk with other sets or do you have them voice activated and if so do you get every moan and groan from other people?

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

So can you have them set up so you can say listen to music through your phone and push to talk with other sets or do you have them voice activated and if so do you get every moan and groan from other I 

I have only had them on voice activated I did possibly see something in the instructions about push to talk however am not a fan of that as usually while In a tree or using machines needing to use your hand to talk is not great 

Edited by bigtreedon
  • Like 1