Stihl communication?

Old Mill Tree Care

55 minutes ago, Old Mill Tree Care said:

Has anyone used these yet?

One would assume them to be good as they’re built for purpose emoji848.png.

Yes they are excellent. In the middle of writing a review actually, will try get it rounded up in the next couple days 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Will you be able to explain how the 600 metre range can be had?

I think 600m is the maximum range assuming the ground is level with no major obstacles. But if you have multiple headsets they will piggy back off each other. So lets say the ground isn't flat and you're getting good reception over 300m, 4 people in a line at 300m intervals should be able to communicate over a 1200m distance.

Paul @STIHL GB can you confirm I have those figures correct please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I think 600m is the maximum range assuming the ground is level with no major obstacles. But if you have multiple headsets they will piggy back off each other. So lets say the ground isn't flat and you're getting good reception over 300m, 4 people in a line at 300m intervals should be able to communicate over a 1200m distance.

Paul @STIHL GB can you confirm I have those figures correct please.

Hi Steve, yes you're right. They use Bluetooth Mesh to connect up to 16 headsets in a network. Each headset acts as an amplifier and extends the range up to a maximum of 600m between each headset. Of course like you say in your example, with trees, hills and obstacles in the way, you could connect 4 people who are 300m apart over a distance of 1200m. The headsets notify you if they are losing connection well in advance though. Here's a blog with more general details about them too. 

BLOG.STIHL.CO.UK

Our new STIHL ADVANCE ProCOM headsets combine ear protection with intelligent communication for teams. Take a...

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Sam Davison said:

So there’s an adaptor clip so they fit a Protos helmet? I’m guessing they just don’t tuck away like the standard Protos ones? That would be good if they can be fitted. 

Hi, yes you can use the Protos 3M Peltor attachment brackets to fit them. They are readily available as a spare from many arb dealers.  You are right - ProCom are deeper than the standard ear defenders so will sit slightly proud of the helmet.