rotatec chains?

lurch_917

well on a update to this post after trying one for about 10 min's and having to retighten my chain about 3 times i eventualy threw it in the scrap pile after it came off the bar whilst in some wood . went back to my well used ( on its 3rd sharpen ) H25 and it still cuts like its cutting butter . think ill stick with the H25 just because it's not only safer but better ,

Really odd as I’ve not had any of these issues with the 5 chains I’ve used so far.

At about £8 for a 5 litre Jerry Can of premium unleaded that lasts maybe 3 hours on my processor I find £8 (delivered) for a 13” chain that lasts 2 days minimum in clean timber a bargain even if I just trash it after.

I processed 16 IBC’s yesterday with a single chain. That’s near on £3000 in hardwood on a chain thats still going strong and only needed 1 tighten.

IMG_1623.jpg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Really odd as I’ve not had any of these issues with the 5 chains I’ve used so far.

At about £8 for a 5 litre Jerry Can of premium unleaded that lasts maybe 3 hours on my processor I find £8 (delivered) for a 13” chain that lasts 2 days minimum in clean timber a bargain even if I just trash it after.

I processed 16 IBC’s yesterday with a single chain. That’s near on £3000 in hardwood on a chain thats still going strong and only needed 1 tighten.

IMG_1623.jpg

all i can say trigger_andy is can you tell me the lotto numbers for next week as your the lucky one .

It was another processor user on here who suggested them.

I bought two for my old 034 to cut dirty timber. Again blown away by the quality for the price.

I’m only 5 chains in so I guess it’s a bit premature to sing their praises but if they keep holding up like this I’ll be a regular customer.

I think you're more unlucky to get a bad chain. Out of 80ish rotatech chains I've had in the past 4 years 90% have been sharpened down to the limit and I've only ever snapped 2 when hitting something on our processor which I can't really blame on them as it happens with all brands.

I usually run new chains for about half an hour then tighten them. There's a limit to how much anything will stretch so if it keeps happening to the point it comes off then I would check the tensioner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lurch_917 said:

well on a update to this post after trying one for about 10 min's and having to retighten my chain about 3 times i eventualy threw it in the scrap pile after it came off the bar whilst in some wood . went back to my well used ( on its 3rd sharpen ) H25 and it still cuts like its cutting butter . think ill stick with the H25 just because it's not only safer but better ,

Not sure what you are doing with the saw but you must be doing something different to the rest of us. I can only think you must be leaning on the saw like a Neanderthal to stretch the chain like that, the 6 I've used on the 135 have been fine. I bought them for rough use on arb waste and have been pleasantly surprised that rather than being disposable items they have lasted well.

6 hours ago, peatff said:

Not sure what you are doing with the saw but you must be doing something different to the rest of us. I can only think you must be leaning on the saw like a Neanderthal to stretch the chain like that, the 6 I've used on the 135 have been fine. I bought them for rough use on arb waste and have been pleasantly surprised that rather than being disposable items they have lasted well.

But if he is giving it lots of  " cave man "  why does it not happen with the H25 chain ?

Edited by Stubby

But if he is giving it lots of  " cave man "  why does it not happen with the H25 chain ?

I assume because they will be better quality. I guess you can’t sell a chain for half the price and expect them to be 100% as good. There will be limitations but if your usage is within those limitations then why pay double?

For the record I’m leaning quite hard on the processor chains when they are starting to get dull. It’s a fair old swing arm on them and you’re really forcing the chain through the logs harder than (I think) you’d accomplish with a saw.
  • Like 1