rotatec chains?

lurch_917

3 minutes ago, lurch_917 said:

this has proberbly been asked a million times but what are your thoughts on them as i can get 2 for the price of 1 oregon chain .

thanks in advance .

Do a search in the search function . Shed loads on the subject .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lurch_917 said:

just had a dig through some replys on the search section and they seem to be a cheep chain for rough ground work that you wont mind throwing in the skip when you have ragged it to death . so usable to a degree.

I think that is about the top of bottom of it . Never tried them myself so can't comment from that perspective .

If your buying them pre made just check them before use. I have had two people turn up for training with them on their saws. One had a mix of chisel and semi chisel cutters on the same chain, they other had some cutters on backwards.

They do the job, don’t use them myself personally.

Plenty of topics on them but in short they're good chains at a very good price. We use them on chainsaws and the firewood processor every day with no issues. Just have to get used to filing at 28° 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doobin said:

95% as good as stihl for half the price. I buy them by the reel. 

Interesting, I would have said 50% as good for half the price so I just buy them for cutting stumps down really low before grinding - no point filing out really bad damage just bin. I buy Stihl for arb work, but I also reckon chains are a tiny percentage of arb overhead and it makes no real difference to overall profit.

But each to their own, as they say.

• Like 1