Wood wanted radstock somerset

Bethany

Sorry I can't help you on the free wood front. But if you get stuck we're doing 1m3 tipped @£85 or 2m3 @£160. All locally cut (by us) hardwood and ready to use. 

Radstock based and (as much as I'd love to charge it) we would go out of business at £100 a m3! 

I got my supplies by contacting several local tree surgeons.  It took a little while and a false start but for the last few years have got my supply from a local company that drops waste wood at mine if he is passing my house on the way back.  I.e. he drops when it is convenient to him and text me before hand just to check.  (I only say no if I'm already over flowing...)

• Like 1

Exactly.  It takes a few years to build the contacts but then it's good.

Overflowing.. Yep... Other then splitting some I've not touched the coni yet and today one of my tree guys calls.... Working in the next street on a two day long large Oak removal.  Ok... Kids in bed now so... I've got some work to do with the wheel barrow to make room!

You are lucky.  I do get some good dense wood in the mix but rarely that much.  He did contact me a few weeks ago asking if I wanted some oak, told him that was a silly question!  Not whole trees worth though.

Folk love the sound of Oak til it comes time to burn it…..
  • Like 1

ALL of my firewood comes from arb waste. I have 5 local tree surgeons who drop it off for me on a regular basis. I think it helps that I will take any chip that’s on the van as well so they can just tip the lot out which is quicker for them and I don’t mind what wood I get. Being flexible with what I take has definitely helped because the local tree surgeons have appreciated it and always contact me when they have some of the “good” stuff

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

Agreed, people don’t appreciate that’s it need some assistance from the, so called, less desirable woods to get going

Even then I don’t get excited about it. It’s just as smouldering lump in the way of refuelling. 🤣

Edited by trigger_andy