Health question for over 60's small time firewood producers

cessna

On 24/03/2022 at 22:38, Woodworks said:

Went to a physio recently who has known me for years. He said you wouldn't leave your machinery unmaintained for years so why would I not maintain the most important 'machine' ie me. I am only in my 50s but would like to keep at it to 70s so taking care of the body needs to be treated as part of the job.

Sorry no help with your barrow problems but why are you having to push barrows of logs about? Make the machinery take the strain where you can is my approach

Only use the barrow if customers want logs stacked and I cant park near logstore.  I charge £25 for stacking my 1.6cu mtr load of logs and another £10 for barrowing  ,total load of logs plus stacking/barrowing £180.  

• Like 1

A load of us old Codgers sitting around a campfire saying "Do you remember when" thread!

At college up early after heavy night at pub for five lectures, maybe an arm wrestle at coffee time, show off lifting two 56lb weights above my head and clacking them together,  drive 30 miles to play game of rugby in afternoon come back to party, dancing boozing, then spending most of the night doing what young men do best with girlies!

Today wife gives me job list, tidy shed, I get up, spend ages making tea ,breakfast, go and buy newspaper spend ages reading it and tut tutting, forget about the shed, go down to yard tinker with saw or engine spend half my time looking for tools I have put down somewhere or my phone, eventually sit down have a rest and observe the beautiful sunset, find my phone just in time to send yet another picture to the picture forum here before retiring for a hot Radox bath to relieve aches and pains, not long before bed time then!   Oh the joys of old age!

Edited by Billhook
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Billhook said:

A load of us old Codgers sitting around a campfire saying "Do you remember when" thread!

At college up early after heavy night at pub for five lectures, maybe and arm wrestle at coffee time, show off lifting two 56lb weights above my head and clacking them together,  drive 30 miles to play game of rugby in afternoon come back to party, dancing boozing, then spending most of the night doing what young men do best with girlies!

Today wife gives me job list, tidy shed, I get up, spend ages making tea ,breakfast, go and buy newspaper spend ages reading it and tut tutting, forget about the shed, go down to yard tinker with saw or engine spend half my time looking for tools I have put down somewhere or my phone, eventually sit down have a rest and observe the beautiful sunset, find my phone just in time to send yet another picture to the picture forum here before retiring for a hot Radox bath to relieve aches and pains, not long before bed time then!   Oh the joys of old age!

Lovely, and so, so relatable.