Upsides of the two years of Covid 19.

Mick Dempsey

I just got on with stuff and apart from material shortages and price hikes, I was lucky enough to be largely unaffected.

That said, there are countless others whose lives and livelihoods will likely never recover.. not to mention there heath and mental health, and this will ultimately affect all of the rest of us one way or the other.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

After my ex did a pretty effective job or trying to ruin my life, i left my job to move to France, just before Covid appeared.

The last 2 years has been pretty shit for me.

On the upside you've increased your enviable collection of saws...

14 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Loads of people waking up to "stuff", joining the tinfoil side = new friends.

Learning who people really are - invaluable, regardless of where one stands on the issues.

This, but from the opposite end of the telescope, not new friend, more ditching old ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5thelement said:

All I can say is you would have to be a really sad f***er to drop long term friendships over Covid disagreements.

In the cases where long-standing friendships were sundered it was more than disagreement, guaranteed.

Totally different and irreconcilable understanding of reality, I would say, which kind of does preculde friendship of any but the most superficial kind.

Essentially, a feeling of betrayal.

21 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

I'm not convinced on point 3, no loss of productivity with WFH, I'll direct you to the DVLA thread as evidence.

Personally, I quite liked the lock down thing, with hardly anyone out and about the world was a far more pleasant place to be.

You’re dealing with a very ‘special’ type of animal in the civil service though....  I’d be cautious of citing the exception as proof of the rule!

Single biggest “plus” for us - wife applied for a job she fancied, selected for interview, stated her interest in progressing to interview but only on the basis of WFH with occasional trips to HQ (Portsmouth based job.)  Bloke doing the recruiting said well, since I haven’t been in the office for past 6 months I don’t see why not. 

That was a 1 year contract which is just about to expire and they have offered another 2 year extension. 

Mrs sits in the conservatory in her under crackers briefing the Second Sea Lord and is being paid a pretty penny to boot. 

Me - well I think Clint says it well enough 😂

66F388A5-6BD1-4C44-8A3F-C80E519EDC45.jpeg

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 3