carving bar on a electric chainsaw?

zzzack

I am new to carving and I don`t like the twostroke gases, I really want an electric saw......corded, empty batteries suck.

What electric saw to buy?

What mark and model is suitable for carving and is possible to find a carving bar, sprocket and chain to? I can`t find my way in that jungle.

I own the makita one well an older version but its the same as the newer model saw. Only used it for  firewood not carving though, but is seems pretty well made and reliable New parts: its had is new chains, a new oiler and a new set of carbon brushes over many yrs....

Odd sprocket on the makita though so might  make fitting a carving bar  less straight forward

Both the husky and makita/dolmar are the same saw  rebadged, not sure if sprockets are the same.....

If you look in the Sugi catalogue there are carving bars for the 420EL not sure about avialiability...

See GROUP 1

SUGIHARABARSUK.CO.UK

Found this kit  sold:

Stihl also do several corded models, but there more powerful KW rated ones aren't available in UK and are more expensive. Ive never  tried them...

Stihl MSE141C is in the UK....

Complete saws sold with carving bars:

Wir liefern Carvingsägen und deren Zubehör für Kunst mit Kettensägen Wir rüsten Kettensägen bei denen diese...

carvingsaege-stihl-mse-250-c-40cm-elektr

carvingsaege-makita-dolmar-uc3551a-es-16

The electric motor being inline on the dolmar V being across sidways...on the stihl, seem a better design  imo...

Edited by Stere

Hi, I use 3 Stihl cordless saws for carving. (MSA220, MSA 200 and a MSA 180). I find them excellent for carving and I rarely use my petrol saw now.
I use various Sugihara and Cannon carving bars. Rob at Chainsaw Bars has a good selection of suitable bars.

On 30/03/2022 at 15:50, Andy U said:

Hi, I use 3 Stihl cordless saws for carving. (MSA220, MSA 200 and a MSA 180). I find them excellent for carving and I rarely use my petrol saw now.
I use various Sugihara and Cannon carving bars. Rob at Chainsaw Bars has a good selection of suitable bars.

How long does your batteries last?