Woodchip

Jon Patmaan

1 minute ago, Jon Patmaan said:

Hi. 
Yes I have done this already some time ago. No replies as of yet. Thanks though. 

Oh . Ok Jon . Just need someone to be working in your area  . Good luck matey .

2 hours ago, Jon Patmaan said:

Hi. 
Yes I have done this already some time ago. No replies as of yet. Thanks though. 

May be worth calling a couple of tree surgeons in your local area, if you're not too far off the beaten track most small companies will drop off a load for beer tokens when they're working within a reasonable distance.

make it as easy as possible for them, ideally room to reverse a small lorry and tip, then drive away.

no one wants to be waiting at a locked gate or watching someone searching for their car keys at half 5 in the evening! 

• Like 3

I use Woodchip directory, as a supplier, it’s been great but what I have noticed is a lot of the people who’d registered had done so ages ago and I was the first person to tip. Most people in the trade don’t know about it and the few I’ve pointed in it’s direction now use regularly.

Could be the spawning of a new era if more codtractors new about it and weren’t left floundering looking for a bass to tip at…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I use Woodchip directory, as a supplier, it’s been great but what I have noticed is a lot of the people who’d registered had done so ages ago and I was the first person to tip. Most people in the trade don’t know about it and the few I’ve pointed in it’s direction now use regularly.

Could be the spawning of a new era if more codtractors new about it and weren’t left floundering looking for a bass to tip at…..

I think the reason people aren’t finding out about it is because some idiots try and not tell anyone. I mentioned it to a friend of mine a few years back or whenever it first got set up and he told my Arbtalk was a waste of time (think he was thinking of the Facebook page though if memory serves).

I later found out of one of his staff members that he was using it daily last minute to find tip sites (not knocking this if done the same thing in a pickle) but he told all his workers not to let anyone else know about the tipsite dictionary because all the tip sites will be taken.

Fortunately the majority of people will spread the news and these sites will become more and more popular.