TS 431z wood chipper

Conor Wright

As above, there is a ts (tunnison) 431z pto chipper for sale that I am interested in, size wise it's about right for my needs. It has a turntable which may be useful. It looks a decent bit of kit in the photos but I'm not familiar with the brand and can't find much online. Anyone on here had one or used one? Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Kinda hoping someone out there can give me an honest review as an owner or operator!

1 hour ago, dumper said:

Dosnt the lack of information tell you something, spares backup etc 

Possibly, then again companies come and go too, maybe they were poorly managed but made good equipment. Not too worried about spares, most bearings can be got, blades too. Its more the chipping capabilities, strength of infeed, likelihood of chute blockages etc that I'm thinking of. 

2 hours ago, Andrew McEwan said:

solid, quality steel and welding on mine, if not too knackered I'd give it a go

Good to know. Which model do you have? From the pictures I've seen of it it looks fairly well used but not abused, then again there's no comparison to seeing it in person. Think I'll chance a trip up the road to see it.

5 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Possibly, then again companies come and go too, maybe they were poorly managed but made good equipment. Not too worried about spares, most bearings can be got, blades too. Its more the chipping capabilities, strength of infeed, likelihood of chute blockages etc that I'm thinking of. 

Shouldn't be a problem,  I think they are still going. Like you say, you can always go straight to a general supplier if you need a part- I needed a sensor for the engine on mine, went straight to a local lombardini dealer, on the shelf, £20. Not that you'd have that bit obviously but same principle 👍👍

1 minute ago, william127 said:

Shouldn't be a problem,  I think they are still going. Like you say, you can always go straight to a general supplier if you need a part- I needed a sensor for the engine on mine, went straight to a local lombardini dealer, on the shelf, £20. Not that you'd have that bit obviously but same principle 👍👍

Not bad, anything for 20 quid these days is a bargain! To be honest main dealers are often my last resort due to their often extortionate markups. I do what I can myself when it comes to repairs and maintenance and have managed to build up some fairly good relationships with local parts suppliers.

How would you rate your machine in terms of chipping capability against a similar sized tw or gm?

I'm not overly worried about having to change out some bits and bobs, such is the nature of secondhand stuff, just don't want to land myself with something that will clog up on first sight of a wet leylandii or brashy spruce top!