Tip of the day

Lee straya

44 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Reckon having a colleague with you would make the job a lot more enjoyable tbf.

Depends heavily on the colleague though

Our kid doesn't suffer fools gladly, he says his 'mate' is a numpty, but he's my numpty. They seem to rub along ok mind.

8 hours ago, openspaceman said:

May I interpret that as you will get a mortgage taking into consideration your income from the current well paid job then move on to a heavy goods driving job which you find more appealing for less money?

I still don't understand why a man of your mechanical abilities was not  sought after by one of the more mechanically oriented tree firms.

Yes, exactly. It's possibly not going to be a huge difference in income, and i have some money to put down a decent deposit. Also planning to start a business of my own on the side.

I also told them i was going to get my tickets and HGV licence, at my own expense. And have my own PPE, saws, equipment, van, etc.

Guess i wasn't the right candidate. 😂

5 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

He's a class 2 driver, they are contracted to do 3 16 hour shifts, (2 drivers) afternoon/nights but they rarely do 16 hours. Depending on who's turn it is to drive first most of the time one of them only drives once a shift.

Oh and it's New Look, not Top Shop.

That's a very decent deal. Very tempting.

4 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

Reckon having a colleague with you would make the job a lot more enjoyable tbf.

Depends heavily on the colleague though

Definitely. I've mostly worked alone, some people i get on really well with, others i could happily bump off. Spending all day in a truck with someone, you have to get on with them.

23 hours ago, openspaceman said:

That may have worried them that you only saw the job as short term

Who knows. 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

It is, what you must remember is truck drivers in the Midlands will always earn more than those on the extremities. Where the hubs are is where the money is.

Yeah, i can't be living in the midlands. 😂

20 hours ago, aspenarb said:

My nipper has recently done his HGV, need to book it well in advance around here, seems to be a bit of a backlog of slots and tests.

Bob

I think i waited about 6 months for my Class 2 test.