Tip of the day

Lee straya

6 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Why, 

So you can go work as delivery driver on slack times. 

Why not? Our kid is contracted to do 48 hours/week delivering for Top Shop, he rarely does more than 42/week for £40k/year. As he puts it, "Sat on me arse looking out of the window".

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lee straya said:

I'd sooner a HGV, O licence and truck than an overloaded transit

That's OK if that suits the work you do, spoke to someone how worked for someone how cut a lot of roadside trees all he had was hgv licence drove truck to site and then dragged a bit of brash about. 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2022 at 08:09, Lee straya said:

For all you new boys starting out, get yourself an HGV licence.  It's as important as arb tickets in my opinion.  I'd of got one as soon as I could of afforded it if I was starting out again.. 

I'd agree with this sentiment. Not only in regards to overloaded small trucks but it can give you a better sense of road awareness,  another opportunity to earn a  crust and realistically, is a cheap qualification!

On 12/03/2022 at 08:21, eggsarascal said:

Why not? Our kid is contracted to do 48 hours/week delivering for Top Shop, he rarely does more than 42/week for £40k/year. As he puts it, "Sat on me arse looking out of the window".

He on Class 1 or Class 2?

Seriously considering getting a mortgage on my current job then switching to use my HGV licence.

58 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Seriously considering getting a mortgage on my current job then switching to use my HGV licence.

May I interpret that as you will get a mortgage taking into consideration your income from the current well paid job then move on to a heavy goods driving job which you find more appealing for less money?

I still don't understand why a man of your mechanical abilities was not  sought after by one of the more mechanically oriented tree firms.

4 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

He's a class 2 driver, they are contracted to do 3 16 hour shifts, (2 drivers) afternoon/nights but they rarely do 16 hours. Depending on who's turn it is to drive first most of the time one of them only drives once a shift.

Oh and it's New Look, not Top Shop.

Edited by eggsarascal

37 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

He's a class 2 driver, they are contracted to do 3 16 hour shifts, (2 drivers) afternoon/nights but they rarely do 16 hours. Depending on who's turn it is to drive first most of the time one of them only drives once a shift.

Oh and it's New Look, not Top Shop.

Reckon having a colleague with you would make the job a lot more enjoyable tbf.

Depends heavily on the colleague though