How much has signing up to Woodsure cost you?

Woodworks

On 09/03/2022 at 18:45, Mark Bolam said:

Or Woodsure….😉

It did used to be optional but according to Defra it will now be a legal requirement even if you are selling a few bags of kindling,  not sure who will enforce it,  trading standards have their hands full as do Env Health,

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

It’s utter shit and everyone should just ignore it.

Every small local log seller I know is not bothering. I wasn't so anti at the idea but the reality is a farce. Pretty sure someone on here got asked to just send in a log for sampling. How ridiculous is that? Hmmm I might just pop it in the oven for a few hours just to be on the safe side 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Every small local log seller I know is not bothering. I wasn't so anti at the idea but the reality is a farce. Pretty sure someone on here got asked to just send in a log for sampling. How ridiculous is that? Hmmm I might just pop it in the oven for a few hours just to be on the safe side 😂

Having just registered today as a self-supplier (in receipt of the RHI), I did note this bit:

Step 1: The woodfuel producers apply to the scheme and send us a sample to be tested.

I was wondering if they were going to ask me to send in a log........  Can I put it through my biomass drying system I call my biomass boiler first and just send them some ash??

13 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Are you going to bother or not? 

1 hour ago, TuscanPhil said:

Having just registered today as a self-supplier (in receipt of the RHI), I did note this bit:

Step 1: The woodfuel producers apply to the scheme and send us a sample to be tested.

I was wondering if they were going to ask me to send in a log........  Can I put it through my biomass drying system I call my biomass boiler first and just send them some ash??

I have just posted them 4 logs, I'm awaiting their "labourite test results" 🤔

Has anyone received the woodsure accreditation yet? Not the ready to burn one, the full one.

I haven't heard anything except a confirmation that they got my email in 4 weeks now and I've got 10 big customers and myself wondering if I can stay on the BSL from the first of April. If not none of them can claim RHI.

I wouldn't want to be the staff there, I'm guessing it's a bit stressful with 10k applications and logs to test for all of them.

On 13/03/2022 at 10:22, Woodworks said:

Hi John

I have ended up throwing my toys at the pram and just taking customers who will take 2+ cubic meter loads. Started ringing around the nice 1m3 customers and all of them have said they can take 2m3 loads. Dont mind losing the PITA small load customers as we could sell our logs twice over anyway.

That will teach Woodsure for not answering the phone and not calling back 😂

All our 1.5m3 loose customers are happy to take 2m3 loose and not interested in retaining those customers that want to order less as can see all we have at >2m3 loose loads, its more cost effective anyhow to deliver 2m3 loads, some I've noticed are also increasing the amount of logs that they can store.