How much has signing up to Woodsure cost you?

Woodworks

Yes been scrapped about 12 month ago and they blamed it on covid, ?, with the way things are at the moment we wont be needing driving refresher courses as we will all be getting a Donkey and cart each,,[emoji23]

So if the refresher bull has been dropped does that mean us oldies can do the one day ROLO health and safety course (bullshit) and apply for a blue skill Cscs card?
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, renewablejohn said:

Woodsure has cost me nothing as its a scam pure and simple the same as BSL which was only relevant to RHI customers which are so few I could easily manage without.

Hi John

I have ended up throwing my toys at the pram and just taking customers who will take 2+ cubic meter loads. Started ringing around the nice 1m3 customers and all of them have said they can take 2m3 loads. Dont mind losing the PITA small load customers as we could sell our logs twice over anyway.

That will teach Woodsure for not answering the phone and not calling back 😂

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Hi John

I have ended up throwing my toys at the pram and just taking customers who will take 2+ cubic meter loads. Started ringing around the nice 1m3 customers and all of them have said they can take 2m3 loads. Dont mind losing the PITA small load customers as we could sell our logs twice over anyway.

Good for you. I have had a similar response. Obviously have to provide the statuatory letter but also supply my own letter saying the statuatory letter can be ignored as all my logs are guaranteed at less than 20% moisture content as they have been for over a decade.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ian C said:

So if the refresher bull has been dropped does that mean us oldies can do the one day ROLO health and safety course (bullshit) and apply for a blue skill Cscs card?

To be honest Ian i dont know, as i am trying to stay away from the bull as much as i can, apart from saw/machinery tickets with us working mainly in forestry we dont really need the Cscs cards and the main forestry co we sub to put a health and safety day on every 2-3 years and we get a certificate of attendance, the only thing that have a issue with is having to have a wellfare unit on site if the job is over 3 days, i havent got one or have no desire to either hire one or buy one, we have managed for decades to have our breaks and lunch sat on a log out side, or have a piss where ever, we dont need to walk 400yds to a van ? Just had a conversation with a manager and he asked about a wellfare unit for a 2 wk job so i just said we will do 3 days a week but i will bring another pair of hands or 2 to speed the job up, How things have changed over the years eh, 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Hi John

Result . 👍 Customers seeing sense .

• Like 2

I think I gave them something like £510.00,passed the application they took the money and never heard another word 

Well they have emailed me once since saying if I joined now they could discount £125 off the £510

Which I have already paid.Basically they have dropped the price to try and draw in the last few victims

Yeh one of those im affraid ,I sat on the fence for months wish I had stayed on the f**ker

I think I gave them something like £510.00,passed the application they took the money and never heard another word 
Well they have emailed me once since saying if I joined now they could discount £125 off the £510
Which I have already paid.Basically they have dropped the price to try and draw in the last few victims
Yeh one of those im affraid ,I sat on the fence for months wish I had stayed on the f**ker
I don't think they are anywhere near the last few victims, more like dropped the price to get a few starters to sign up.

As they say on dragons den, I'm out.
  • Like 1