Pale Walnut

gobbypunk

Just now, trigger_andy said:

It crossed my mind to lift it and replace with clogged up Beech. Id be doing him a favour really. :P

Yes a suppose that's a better option like then at least if you get cought just say a was swapping you the same amount of firewood all looks the same when it's ash not so much as a sexy table 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Mark armstrong said:

If he dose chop it up for firewood hopefully he slips n cuts his fut off haha hate seeing ppl cut decent logs up for firewood like just to be twats 🤣🤣🤣

He seems like a right bellend. Im glad Im shot of him. No time for folk like him just now as Im out the door with Timber orders and Processing work this coming time off. 

• Haha 1

So thanks Andy I was trying to find out what people thought about this Walnut I had never heard of Butternut Walnut till today so I will ask again what do people think ,I had an old bit of English Walnut in the yard and comparing the bark they were so different, I will be so chuffed if it is Butternut as its ment to be very stable and good to make stuff from 

• Like 1

Hi @gobbypunk

I thought the pale was normal. I have seen some of Roghhewns dark stained stuff, but I picked up  this last summer. 
I put it down to the fact that the stick was standing dead and only about 45cm wide. 

All cut to 25mm for tablets/trays/platters

Board on left has had a sanding and first coat of PolyX

Walnut_1.thumb.jpg.5bcf6f58f203471da2598cb8168ff562.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Bob that looks very similar to the stuff I just got and it looks like Butternut Walnut ,its only the 3rd Walnut I have had but the other 2 were that nice dark brown colour ,the shape of the nuts are different ,if you get a chance goggle Butternut Walnut and you will see what I mean .

Cheers. Mark

• Like 1