Jump to content

Knocking a house down


peds
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, carlos said:

stick it on done deal and hope to god someone else is mad enough to buy it off you!!!

An intelligent response clearly backed by logic and reasoning, but we are dealing with the consequences of the whim and fancy of the fairer sex here, and as such, your logic and reason have no place here.

 

She has explained the maths behind it, and it seems that with the price she paid for it, even if it takes me a good number of hours theoretically working at just below minimum wage, we'd probably still scrape through with a cheaper floor than buying brand new.

 

Look, what's done is done, okay? We just have to live with it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, peds said:

An intelligent response clearly backed by logic and reasoning, but we are dealing with the consequences of the whim and fancy of the fairer sex here, and as such, your logic and reason have no place here.

 

She has explained the maths behind it, and it seems that with the price she paid for it, even if it takes me a good number of hours theoretically working at just below minimum wage, we'd probably still scrape through with a cheaper floor than buying brand new.

 

Look, what's done is done, okay? We just have to live with it.

It’ll have ‘character!’ 😂

 

and blood, sweat and tears 😂😂

 

No such thing as a free lunch - just imagine the stories you’ll be able to tell 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

It's been slow progress lately what with the recovery from hand surgery and both me and the wife being in work, but now that she's finished for the summer (a teacher) and can look after the kids, I've got a lot more time to give to the place. I've knocked over the trees that were in the way (including a lovely big bay tree, I'm going to have the digger driver drop the stump somewhere nice, hopefully it'll grow again), taken out all the windows and doors, removed the rotten old wood from the ceilings, all that sort of thing. I had a good look at the roof metal, unfortunately it just isn't worth keeping as it's more rust than metal, so it's all headed for the scrapyard.


We've got the digger arriving Monday week to knock it down, pile the stonework up in a corner for future landscaping, level and stone the site, finish the laneway, and start prepping the ground for waste water treatment. Nice for things to be moving, finally.

 

20220630_134849.thumb.jpg.1c2d48f28ef04ad770f956353250774e.jpg

 

Anyway, I was poking about in the attic, I was looking at salvaging the old water tank and the pipes, and there's an antique water pump up there too that I'll be trying to get running, it's destined for use in my future polytunnels.

 

 

20220630_102943.thumb.jpg.895762d315f86fb32841a63518e6845e.jpg

 

But what's this, double wrapped in a plastic bag...

 

20220630_103008.thumb.jpg.881a00d80879c6b9b3a838d195dfd0e2.jpg

 

Oh!

 

20220630_103026.thumb.jpg.8cc7b2779378edf743ac08b954ac8514.jpg

 

Gosh.

 

20220630_103358.thumb.jpg.016b2f5aca019ec1b39f98a8d4decc46.jpg

Edited by peds
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, peds said:

It's been slow progress lately what with the recovery from hand surgery and both me and the wife being in work, but now that she's finished for the summer (a teacher) and can look after the kids, I've got a lot more time to give to the place. I've knocked over the trees that were in the way (including a lovely big bay tree, I'm going to have the digger driver drop the stump somewhere nice, hopefully it'll grow again), taken out all the windows and doors, removed the rotten old wood from the ceilings, all that sort of thing. I had a good look at the roof metal, unfortunately it just isn't worth keeping as it's more rust than metal, so it's all headed for the scrapyard.


We've got the digger arriving Monday week to knock it down, pile the stonework up in a corner for future landscaping, level and stone the site, finish the laneway, and start prepping the ground for waste water treatment. Nice for things to be moving, finally.

 

20220630_134849.thumb.jpg.1c2d48f28ef04ad770f956353250774e.jpg

 

Anyway, I was poking about in the attic, I was looking at salvaging the old water tank and the pipes, and there's an antique water pump up there too that I'll be trying to get running, it's destined for use in my future polytunnels.

 

 

20220630_102943.thumb.jpg.895762d315f86fb32841a63518e6845e.jpg

 

But what's this, double wrapped in a plastic bag...

 

20220630_103008.thumb.jpg.881a00d80879c6b9b3a838d195dfd0e2.jpg

 

Oh!

 

20220630_103026.thumb.jpg.8cc7b2779378edf743ac08b954ac8514.jpg

 

Gosh.

 

20220630_103358.thumb.jpg.016b2f5aca019ec1b39f98a8d4decc46.jpg

Looks like another hand operation is imminent then 🤣

 

Let the punishment fit the crime....  how true. 😆

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peasgood said:

I wonder why the gloves were with them. :D

Actually remember those mags from back in the day, mid to late 80's.

 

Ah, the gloves are mine, I didn't want to damage the pages while having a quick rifle through them.
I'll check the dates next time I'm at the site, but that's probably spot on. One of the books has a price tag in Euro though, which would make it a more recent addition to the collection.

1 hour ago, rapalaman said:

Might get a few quid for those on eBay to put towards your projects 😏

Ah, I had a quick flick through them, and you know what... there's actually a few too many stories (no photos, illustrations only) about 15/16 year old schoolgirls being spanked by angry nuns to even think about selling them on. I'm fairly sure it'd be illegal.

 

7 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Looks like another hand operation is imminent then 🤣

 

Let the punishment fit the crime....  how true. 😆

 

How dare you lower the tone in here with your smutty comments. You'll need half a dozen strokes from the cane by way of penance. Bend over!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, peds said:

 

...angry nuns to even think about selling them on. I'm fairly sure it'd be illegal.

 

 

 

I'm a lapsed catholic and appaul your use of wearing gloves when touching such filth 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Windows and doors stripped, ceiling torn down, all scrap metal herded together, bathroom sink removed (to be plumbed in behind the shed, fed from the rainwater tank), patio taken up, roof tiles from the extension on the left taken down.

20220707_162935.thumb.jpg.2fd2e05668d8ca116700c1f1bd3ef833.jpg

 

I thought I'd go looking for more spanking porn in the attic. Tore the place apart trying to find it.

 

20220707_175908.thumb.jpg.66f9274506c6a251c4df9d911dc7d129.jpg

 

170 odd pavers, 190 roof tiles. Floor for the shed, roof for the hen house. 

 

IMG-20220707-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.5887b61f84a18011ed902d64eac20d1b.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.