Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the...

I wonder if the West would then have to impose the same kind of sanctions on China as they have done with Russia!

Makes me wonder... If all the hoopla about global warming, recycling, "circular economy" etc was seeded years ago in preparation for this. If the west and east split, we will have to be more self sufficient, like we were 40 years ago. But we have become dependent, to a degree, on the east. China for goods and Russia for energy and commodities, so a simple switch back to 1980 won't work.

In this scenario, one can see recycling in a new light. Not to "save the planet" per-se, but just to keep raw materials in circulation.

A currency collapse, roll on the digital credit, rationing by another name.

All of this stuff was pushed as trendy and green over the years, but maybe it was in preparation for this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Makes me wonder... If all the hoopla about global warming, recycling, "circular economy" etc was seeded years ago in preparation for this. If the west and east split, we will have to be more self sufficient, like we were 40 years ago. But we have become dependent, to a degree, on the east. China for goods and Russia for energy and commodities, so a simple switch back to 1980 won't work.

In this scenario, one can see recycling in a new light. Not to "save the planet" per-se, but just to keep raw materials in circulation.

All of this stuff was pushed as trendy and green over the years, but maybe it was in preparation for this? 

Alan Moore nails it:

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless.”

Global warming is a real thing too. We're utterly shafted as a species if we continue to carry on the way we do. I'll be alright but I do worry for my siblings' kids.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Although I don't welcome digital anything as to me it's anti nature, but the green agenda is just a multi trillion dollar business opportunity that's been programmed into the minds of a whole generation of Pliable saps... and probably can't be stopped. if you consider volcanic activity and wildfires to be normal, then we haven't seen the real result of that for quite some time.. let alone a comet strike which it would seem the last one was 12,800 ish years ago [ Younger Dryas event ], for which evidence is strong and  most likely not wrong.

Pyrolysis for instance, is the recycling of plastic back into any kind of fuel you like, after all it's a totally recyclable Hydrocarbon product and the process is simple and even self powered using it's own fumes as the heat source. 

But ' recycling ' to the wankers that run this country would seem to be up until recently, putting the plastic waste in a massive ship at Liverpool docks and sending it to China, who would then sell it on to Taiwan who would then pass it on for cash to the Indonesians, who then throw it in the sea, FFS. 

The people that come up with policies like this are beyond stupid with tiny intellects... so you have to ask how on earth do they manage to get into a position that has any influence ?

My answer to this is that we live in totally controlled dumb cluck  society that's brainwashed by them that are using the stupidity of average person to line their pockets, done deal !

Since China no longer want's our waste, I wonder what's happening to it now, does anyone know ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Since China no longer want's our waste, I wonder what's happening to it now, does anyone know ?

Strong evidence to suggest it is being deposited on central reservations and embankments of the whole of the national road network. You might think I am mad but next time you slow down at a roundabout on a dual carriageway just look for yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That's what I saying. Recycling (proper) might make economic sense soon. Reusing jars and bottles etc. When it's cheaper for industry to collect and reuse glass jars instead of buying new ones. 

Part of the great reset is central control of ALL recourses. Everything to be cataloged and accounted for, every fencepost, half block, used tuna can etc. Eliminate waste. Reuse and redistribute everything. One man's rubbish another man's treasure, but to put "rubbish" to use we need an all knowing database of what exists and who needs what.

Yes, distopian in a normal world, but I can understand the thinking behind the vision. If we are energy and commodity impoverished, then using what we have most efficiently would be a way to lessen the hurt.

• Like 3

One major reason that more reuse - as opposed to recycling - doesn't happen is that it often doesn't make economic or ergonomic sense to move 'stuff' from the man whose rubbish it is to the man whose gold it could become; cheaper in all respects for the gold digger to buy new

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 23:13, Haironyourchest said:

Narrr. I don't think they blagged climate change due to forecasting an east west split. I doubt China and a hell of a lot of western business will allow an Iron curtain to fall, no matter what. Putin will be bulleted long before that happens. I just think that Putin is taking back what he wants (although not very well atm) and no one is going to stop him due to the threat of nuclear war which I think there is zero chance of happening.

Time will tell. 

• Like 2