Why am I so disgusted at the Charity Commission investigating Capt. Toms charity

difflock

14 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

So I’m lighting everything posted have your views on why the charity was/is investigated and do you now see why it was?

Well, I suspect some of the snowflake left wing lurvvies got their knickers in a twist at how successful Capt. Toms charity was.

And wanted their snouts in his trough.

Btw I understood a lot of "charities" were run by the folks that set them up. At least this appears to be the case in our local community.

Edited by difflock

23 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

One of my "favorites"  is the charity parachute jump.

All parachute injuries from two local parachute centres over a 5-year period were analysed. Of 174 patients with injuries of varying severity, 94% were first-time charity-parachutists. The injury rate in charity-parachutists was 11% at an average cost of 3751 Pounds per casualty. Sixty-three percent of casualties who were charity-parachutists required hospital admission, representing a serious injury rate of 7%, at an average cost of 5781 Pounds per patient. The amount raised per person for charity was 30 Pounds. Each pound raised for charity cost the NHS 13.75 Pounds in return. Parachuting for charity costs more money than it raises, carries a high risk of serious personal injury and places a significant burden on health resources.

That’s shocking!

And - the whole (charade) charity parachute jump concept is, in any case, a shallow concealment of achieving a personal ambition through the exploitation of the good nature (funds) of the ‘many’ to fund a recreational activity of the ‘one.’

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, difflock said:

Well, I suspect some of the snowflake left wing lurvvies got their knickers in a twist at how successful Capt. Toms charity was.

And wanted their snouts in his trough.

Btw I understood a lot of "charities" were run by the folks that set them up. At least this appears to be the case in our local community.

I’ve edited my auto-correct. 😁

So you don’t think it’s anything to do with his daughter trying to screw a £150,000 salary out of the Charity then? 🙄

Edited by trigger_andy

24 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’ve edited my auto-correct. 😁

So you don’t think it’s anything to do with his daughter trying to screw a £150,000 salary out of the Charity then? 🙄

Why should she not though, since he rounded up 20 to 30 million for the NHS.

Probably as "deserving" as anybody else that happenstance interviews well, or knows the right people.

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

Why should she not though, since he rounded up 20 to 30 million for the NHS.

Probably as "deserving" as anybody else that happenstance interviews well, or knows the right people.

I guess there is a good reason why she should not and thats been flagged as a good reason to investigate her. I can only imagine what her father would think of her creaming off such a vast salary in his name. 

• Like 1