Hakki Pilki Carry 25.

trigger_andy

I had one of these about 10 years ago . Probably one of the fastest machines for 8 inch stuff . As well made and thought out as the new machines . Stop the wood packing in front of the ram by clearing it with hammer and big screw driver . Get a spare rubber event for the hydraulic motor coupling and your good for many hours of logging . Ours was knackered after 10 years hard use but still kept going 

• Thanks 1

All jokes aside happy with the purchase trigger.

Yeh, like the Bandsaw it something Ive been eying up for a couple of years. Kept an eye on ebay etc and although its a baby compared to others I have a near constant supply of the timber its designed for at about £40 a ton. Ive my Splitter for bigger logs at my house. 

Im also finalising a gentleman's agreement where I'll enter a partnership with the Estate I get my Oak, Spruce and Plantation thinning's from. I noticed he has no time for Processing these days. His Stoves are about as hungry as mine and he burns a cube bag every few days. He also supplies the 11 or so houses on his Estate. He's down to his last 4 bags. So my suggestion to him was I use his Palax processor, his tractor to run it, the Avant, his fuel, his logs,  his land, and do all the processing and stacking myself for half the produced firewood. 

I'm guessing I'll be producing 8-10 Hardwood bags a day and up to 14 Softwood Bags a day. Im now renting half the Barn so I can store about 100 bags there and the rest will have to be outside somewhere. 

IMG_0975.jpg

9 minutes ago, gensetsteve said:

I had one of these about 10 years ago . Probably one of the fastest machines for 8 inch stuff . As well made and thought out as the new machines . Stop the wood packing in front of the ram by clearing it with hammer and big screw driver . Get a spare rubber event for the hydraulic motor coupling and your good for many hours of logging . Ours was knackered after 10 years hard use but still kept going 

Thanks for the tips. 

I considered a new Chinese machine which will do bigger Logs but at the end of the day it will always be a Chinese machine with dubious back-up and parts. Hakki said they still have 75% of the parts for this machine available. 

I see this machine is meant to do up to 250mm, I see some say they manage up to 300mm. How did you find putting anything bigger than 8" though it? I found very little info on it on forums or youtube. I'll mostly be splitting Birch, Cherry, Oak etc from the Plantation. 

14 minutes ago, gensetsteve said:

Get a spare rubber event for the hydraulic motor coupling

Get a spare what?