Firewood processor problems

Richie lewis

Morning all 

hakki pilke 1x37 easy firewood processor

My bar and chain seem to be getting too hot to the point where it’s stretching too much, however the oil is going down.

Can anyone tell me how the bar and chain are supposed to be oiled . Mine just drips onto the sprocket, is this correct? As it doesn’t look right too me.

cheers Richie 

Edited by Richie lewis

Evening guys - that certainly does not sound right - the oil should be pushed through the oil hole to lubricate  the chain/bar......watch this informative chap Chainsaw bar oiling faults and fixes. How to fix bar oiling faults. - YouTube as much or as little as you like 🙂 but it gets relevant at 4 mins in........ if your lucky could be as simple as a little bar maintenance - if not dig deeper......if your infeed conveyor can feed a log onto the bar when the bar is in the down position - maybe the bar has suffered crush damage from a log being pushed against it  -  if it is none of the above - I am certainly no expert but our service mechanic is and he is back here Monday morning - take a few photos and he may be able to give you some pointers at how you could investigate further from what he can see from those.........

Hope this helps a little

Ian

www.foxwoodagricultural.com

image.png

image.png