Best attachment for mini-loader

Mark Bolam

Slightly late to the party but I personally am a track loader fan for UK usage I had a boxer for a year was ok but have a vermeer now different class of machine whatever loader you end up with it will change your life just be pro active with it look for opportunities to use don't think that unless there is logs to move or lots brash it won't be needed its amazing how handy they are for so many tasks that will surprise u good luck with the purchase [emoji123]

• Like 1

Cheers Don.

I’m aware of the limitations of going for a small machine, but as many have said any loader is better than no loader.

I’ve rived 100kg lumps into the back of the Tranny on my own before, but look back now and think ‘What the feck was I playing at?’.

Popped guts, £5k’s worth of surgery and looking like 2 months off, I should have engaged my brain a bit earlier.

250kg lift doesn’t sound that much, until you handball 250kg!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Cheers Don.

I’m aware of the limitations of going for a small machine, but as many have said any loader is better than no loader.

I’ve rived 100kg lumps into the back of the Tranny on my own before, but look back now and think ‘What the feck was I playing at?’.

Popped guts, £5k’s worth of surgery and looking like 2 months off, I should have engaged my brain a bit earlier.

250kg lift doesn’t sound that much, until you handball 250kg!

This guy gets it!!

it’ll be the best purchaser you ever make mate. Splash out on attachments too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave Alviti said:

If I get the time I'll weigh some lumps of would and take some videos of our various machines moving them round, except the ditch witch as that's out for the next 10 weeks. Be an interesting comparison, I'll use the same Log grab on all 3, Klou with no heal and manual swivel 

10 weeks hire that it paid for!

1 minute ago, dumper said:

10 weeks hire that it paid for!

Not quite, but it'll help! They wanted the Giant but we can't manage in the yard without bit for that long as we use it so much the moving trailers round. So we brought the one that was listed on here a few weeks back, actually suits there job a bit better. Hopefully keep it after the job as I've always wanted one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Alviti said:

Not quite, but it'll help! They wanted the Giant but we can't manage in the yard without bit for that long as we use it so much the moving trailers round. So we brought the one that was listed on here a few weeks back, actually suits there job a bit better. Hopefully keep it after the job as I've always wanted one! 

You can never have too many loaders…

• Like 2

On 05/02/2022 at 14:27, Mark Bolam said:

I’m crunching some numbers to finally finance a mini loader, Worky Quad or similar.

Obviously there are a staggering array of attachments.

I’ll probably just start off with a couple, and am after advice on what would be the best choice initially.

I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to a Klou log grab (free rotation), a grapple bucket, and pallet forks.

Pretty much 100% arb work, mainly domestic, but certainly interested in subbing to landscapers/fencers/builders in the future.

Any input appreciated.

hi mark i recently bought a microbull off dave alviti with the klou log grab, grapple bucket and towbar attachment and these have all had a good use ,its probably the narrowest out there and with tracks spreads the weight out more and is far more stable than the wheeled versions on skinny wheels,the service is always fantastic and they are open to suggestions and making stuff for you etc , it is also availble to hire from them and if you buy it they refund you the hire price , good luck with whatever machine you choose ,you wont regret it 

• Like 4

Hi Andy,

I’ve been really impressed by what I’ve seen of the Microbulls on here, and by Dave’s input especially.

I’m leaning towards the WQ simply because of the dealer proximity, and after using tracked and wheeled grinders I prefer wheels.

Also good reviews.

All the main contenders are pretty good I reckon, although the MB attachment prices are very tempting.

I’ve hit a financial glitch at the minute, which I’ll probably have a rant about in a separate thread.

23 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Hi Andy,

I’ve been really impressed by what I’ve seen of the Microbulls on here, and by Dave’s input especially.

I’m leaning towards the WQ simply because of the dealer proximity, and after using tracked and wheeled grinders I prefer wheels.

Also good reviews.

All the main contenders are pretty good I reckon, although the MB attachment prices are very tempting.

I’ve hit a financial glitch at the minute, which I’ll probably have a rant about in a separate thread.

You won’t find a nicer guy to deal with than Dave. We deal with him and he can get stuff to our Little Rock quicker than most, sometimes quicker than I can go to town for it, dealer location hasn’t been a stumbling block in the slightest. If he sells the machine you want I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him. 👍

• Like 2