Best attachment for mini-loader

Mark Bolam

17 hours ago, Dave Alviti said:

Klou Log grab, pallet tines, and a bucket of some description covers most things (I do quite like a pelican bucket) Augers handy if your doing a lot of planting or fencing, tow hitch is pretty essential as well (can be fitted with the klou grab, but if moving a 2ton plus trailer I'd always go for a stand alone option)

The light weight Klou grab can come with or without the 'heal' part of it and largely depends on what machine it's going on, the Giant handles the heal well, the geometry on the Cast and microBull suit the 'without' version better in my opinion. I'm planning on doing a few videos of both moving brash/logs to chippers and loading trailers to give people a better understanding of this. I'm always happy to answer any questions if you want to know more, we currently have a Giant, worky quad, microbull and ditchwitch on the hire fleet! (Yes I do have a problem!) 

Any pictures if the Klou grab on microbull?

53 minutes ago, dumper said:

Very much a toy / lifestyle machine rather than a real workhorse, off road ability of a london bus and you can pee more than the hydraulic flow

I'd have said that about a Sherpa before trying one too...

I was very impressed with the manouverability of the 220 based upon a five miniute play in the dealers (I'd just bought a tractor but seemed rude not to try it)

Edited by doobin

59 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I suppose it’s too much to ask for them to be compatible?

They are unfortunately not compatiable. The Cast skids use the same pickup system as Avant/MultiOne, which is much easier to hitch on and make new brackets for than the Sherpa. The MicroBull system looks pretty complex to fab brackets for too, based upon my memory of trying one.

You wouldn't want to go down the route of an adaptor bracket either, you'd loose too much capacity to the extra leverage.

Edited by doobin
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, doobin said:

I'd have said that about a Sherpa before trying one too...

I was very impressed with the manouverability of the 220 based upon a five miniute play in the dealers (I'd just bought a tractor but seemed rude not to try it)

Customer has a petrol great for mucking out horses although it can’t get in the box, pretty good at grass cutting but nowhere as good as a dedicated mower,bloody useless with a flail don’t try to run rotavator, and as for loading/unloading a transit with forks it’s quicker by hand, did I mention no reach, and the operator is part of the counter weight don’t get off if the load is lifted, skid steers are much better, if you liked it in the dealers did you demo it on site? Try it see what you think,I have and not impressed I stick by it being a toy /lifestyle machine. But it is better than doing operations by hand and anything that saves my back deserves looking at

20 minutes ago, doobin said:

They are unfortunately not compatiable. The Cast skids use the same pickup system as Avant/MultiOne, which is much easier to hitch on and make new brackets for than the Sherpa. The MicroBull system looks pretty complex to fab brackets for too, based upon my memory of trying one.

You wouldn't want to go down the route of an adaptor bracket either, you'd loose too much capacity to the extra leverage.

I think this is where micro bull have cocked up should have used a hitch that exists l have looked at them and they don’t work with adapter plates if it had avant hitch would probably buy one, trying to get all my attachment to be interchangeable 

Edited by dumper
Grammar

20 minutes ago, dumper said:

I think this is where micro bull have cocked up should have used a hitch that exists l have looked at them and they don’t work with adapter plates if it had avant hitch would probably buy one, trying to get all my attachment to be interchangeable 

We've made an adaptor plate to use the Giant attachments, as we were short a pair of pallet tines for a local customer. Works fine, doesn't add much weight. The microbull own brand attachments are pretty competitively priced and only as heavy as they need to be. Some others tend to use attachments strong enough to go a much bigger machines, eating into your lift capacity 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, doobin said:

Slightly complicated to make although you can buy direct a blank plate for making your own stuff for £150 or so. We have made an adaptor plate for the giant/Avant bracket, doesn't weigh to much and the design of the microBull loader means it doesn't actually change the geometry too much. I'd post some pictures but it's out with a customer at the moment 

27 minutes ago, Dave Alviti said:

Slightly complicated to make although you can buy direct a blank plate for making your own stuff for £150 or so. We have made an adaptor plate for the giant/Avant bracket, doesn't weigh to much and the design of the microBull loader means it doesn't actually change the geometry too much. I'd post some pictures but it's out with a customer at the moment 

But it’s an adapter plate moves the centre of gravity foreward so lowering capacity, the Americans and rest of Europe all use interchangeable headstocks,trust the French to be different, I agree about the over under engineering of attachments but the fewer pallet forks I have the less money I have tied up currently have avant,bobcat large bobcat small and euro then having to buy another set of kit just seems expensive 

• Like 2