Splitter advice

RobInNorfolk

Hi Dan - You can clearly see - we sell processors......we advertise Timber Processors/Log Splitters................so that people click through to see what we have to offer. Its not misleading our processors do Split Logs - they just cut them first.

This is the second negative post you have fired my way - is this how you spend your evenings? Maybe you should find a more constructive way to spend your time?

11 hours ago, FoxWoodAgri said:

Hi Dan - You can clearly see - we sell processors......we advertise Timber Processors/Log Splitters................so that people click through to see what we have to offer. Its not misleading our processors do Split Logs - they just cut them first.

This is the second negative post you have fired my way - is this how you spend your evenings? Maybe you should find a more constructive way to spend your time?

Maybe you need to rethink your marketing strategy. It’s not all about spamming forums full of keywords these days. 

Frankly you sound smarmy, cagey, passive aggressive and desperate all at once. 

If Fox Earth Tree Surgery made you so much money, why did you sell up to try to flog Processors?

You’ll notice I capitalised Processors to make sure the search engine picked it up. You’re welcome ☺️ 

Edited by doobin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe you need to rethink your marketing strategy. It’s not all about spamming forums full of keywords these days. 

Frankly you sound smarmy, cagey, passive aggressive and desperate all at once. 

If Fox Earth Tree Surgery made you so much money, why did you sell up to try to flog Processors?

You’ll notice I capitalised Processors to make sure the search engine picked it up. You’re welcome [emoji5] 

Imagine buying a machine off of this guy and you had an issue with it? No thanks.

Hi Doobin,

Did not like the answer I gave you to the other post hey? - I treat people in the way they treat me - it is clear in my opinion that you are not a very nice person.

I am certainly none of the things you are asserting! - I also think that I have told you enough about me - so lets talk about you - what drives you at 8.57 am on a Saturday morning to start writing another mean post about me ?

My marketing strategy is fairly low key - I do not Spam forums full of keywords?

I have advertised here on Arbtalk with a Banner to sell our products - simple - however a several of my genuine conversation threads have been hijacked a couple of people (you included)  who think its OK to interject into a conversation in an attempt to discredit me??

Were you a bully at School?   

Just to throw my thoughts in here.

I saw the comment about selling the same log splitters as Rock and I thought I would have a look as it’s always good to have more than one option when it comes to spares etc.

I had a look at the link thinking it would show me log splitters, but there are no splitters only professors. Even the video clip of the processor doesn’t show it working, just running.

Basically I expected one thing and what I saw didn’t meet my expectations.

Now this isn’t a dig at you in the slightest, but for the OP who is looking for a log splitter and suggestions/advice, getting a link to expensive processors wasn’t what the thread was about.

Can we get the thread back on track and help the OP?

• Like 5

I’m another vote for the rock venom. I think mine is the 22t road tow. Vertical and horizontal. Never refused a log.
Only cost £1500 delivered. Can’t complain for that.
I’ve taken it to a few tree jobs to process on site too.
Great for the price.

• Like 3

On 03/02/2022 at 12:27, RobInNorfolk said:

I am looking to get a splitter for domestic use and keen to get something fast and efficient.

OP, no one seems to have asked you - how much are you splitting per year?  You've said it's for domestic use, so are you looking at 5m3, 10m3 or 20m3 or more?  Over the course of a year, I probably consume around 15-20m3 as I have a log boiler heating system and also a stove in my lounge.  I've 'made do' with a 'small' electric 6 ton machine and this works plenty fast enough.  You need time to move your unsplit logs to the machine, split them, then throw them into a pile.  At some stage, you need to get more logs closer and possibly move or stack your split pile.  You'll also want to stop for a coffee probably.  ha ha.

I use a Handy - 

THEHANDY.CO.UK

Buy the The Handy Garden Machinery 6 Ton Electric Log Splitter with Safety Guard & Log Tray direct from the...

Yes, I've removed all of the guards (before even firing it up!!), I've also converted it to single handed operation (I'm a retired 'safety' engineer so I fully know and appreciate the dangers etc).  Every so often, Handy sell off their showroom models - I got mine direct from their showroom in Swindon for about £200 about 2-3 years ago, prior to that I was using a chinese Longli 4 ton splitter of the same variety.  It's plenty fast enough for a single person to use, as said above, you've still got to move logs to and split logs away from your splitting area and this takes time.

I tend to do about 1-2m3 per month (typically split over 1 or 2 days - a morning here, an afternoon there) over the course of the year, so not all at once, plus it gives a progressive seasoning to my logs and I burn from oldest to newest.

11 minutes ago, TuscanPhil said:

OP, no one seems to have asked you - how much are you splitting per year?  You've said it's for domestic use, so are you looking at 5m3, 10m3 or 20m3 or more?  Over the course of a year, I probably consume around 15-20m3 as I have a log boiler heating system and also a stove in my lounge.  I've 'made do' with a 'small' electric 6 ton machine and this works plenty fast enough.  You need time to move your unsplit logs to the machine, split them, then throw them into a pile.  At some stage, you need to get more logs closer and possibly move or stack your split pile.  You'll also want to stop for a coffee probably.  ha ha.

I use a Handy - 

THEHANDY.CO.UK

Buy the The Handy Garden Machinery 6 Ton Electric Log Splitter with Safety Guard & Log Tray direct from the...

Yes, I've removed all of the guards (before even firing it up!!), I've also converted it to single handed operation (I'm a retired 'safety' engineer so I fully know and appreciate the dangers etc).  Every so often, Handy sell off their showroom models - I got mine direct from their showroom in Swindon for about £200 about 2-3 years ago, prior to that I was using a chinese Longli 4 ton splitter of the same variety.  It's plenty fast enough for a single person to use, as said above, you've still got to move logs to and split logs away from your splitting area and this takes time.

I tend to do about 1-2m3 per month (typically split over 1 or 2 days - a morning here, an afternoon there) over the course of the year, so not all at once, plus it gives a progressive seasoning to my logs and I burn from oldest to newest.

Electric is also great in an enclosed dry shed, and the lack of noise is very pleasant.