high security lockups

jose

Morning all

A few years back i was at the saltek show and there was a firm that did high security lockups. A bit like custom containers built specifically for security.

Im sat at home bored with covid and started thinking about these but cant find any info in the web.

Another thought was to build a garage building from the ground up with security in mind. 

Anyone have any pointers either way for sources of information or companies?

Another reason i was thinking of this is i am fairly sure (would check before starting) but this is considered in the claiming back against tax with the super deduction scheme the gov is currently running.

Im in the south east., near Reading.

Many thanks

• Like 2

Security is only a matter of time and a determined tea leaf will get in. your options are as I see it may be

1. buy or hire a site security container with internal secure storage some thing like a van vault to keep the more expensive items in.
  2. Build a secure garage with an internal constructed vault (mass concrete with plenty of rebar and a secure door double locked)
  3. hire a lock up in one of them storage sites.
  4. Build a standard shed with a container inside and plenty of cameras about as well as some hidden ones.

A very good friend of mine built a workshop with 225 reinforced concrete walls 2.5m high (he is a concrete / shuttering contractor) cladding to eves and roof. Inside he built a vault with 225mm wall and roof. the door was from a oil sub station with additional reinforcing and lockbox to prevent access to the lock. Anyway James locked up one Friday morning checked everything was locked up laser tooling gas axe etc, left with the wife to go to a wedding. At 1300 a neighbour was out walking passed his house and yard and saw a VW transporter parked in the yard, knowing James was away she queried the person only to be told he was a sub contractor collecting equipment. Two men had gone to the back of the building removed a sheet of cladding gained access then opened the main door, they backed in the van and proceeded to work. They weren't seen leaving but the peelers reckon they were there for a least two hours, brought their own gas axe and cut the door off to gain access. Cleaned him out consaws concrete chainsaw snap on tool kit the works, nothing ever was recovered. Insurance paid out after 6 months but declined to renew the protection for the workshop.

Was told by the peelers that cameras were a waste of time as was an alarm.

So at what point do you call it quits and say the replacement of equipment is cheaper than the cost of security..................................

• Like 1

Cleveland Site Safe do very good security buildings and lockups of all shapes and sizes and are built to last. Never had a theft from them and don’t insure equipment instead spend some of the money that I would have spent on insurance on security. Location not isolated with someone living on site which helps although we have had a garage broken into in the past which wasn’t very secure as well as equipment stolen while working away from base.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stock said:

Security is only a matter of time and a determined tea leaf will get in. your options are as I see it may be

1. buy or hire a site security container with internal secure storage some thing like a van vault to keep the more expensive items in.
  2. Build a secure garage with an internal constructed vault (mass concrete with plenty of rebar and a secure door double locked)
  4. Build a standard shed with a container inside and plenty of cameras about as well as some hidden ones.

A very good friend of mine built a workshop with 225 reinforced concrete walls 2.5m high (he is a concrete / shuttering contractor) cladding to eves and roof. Inside he built a vault with 225mm wall and roof. the door was from a oil sub station with additional reinforcing and lockbox to prevent access to the lock. Anyway James locked up one Friday morning checked everything was locked up laser tooling gas axe etc, left with the wife to go to a wedding. At 1300 a neighbour was out walking passed his house and yard and saw a VW transporter parked in the yard, knowing James was away she queried the person only to be told he was a sub contractor collecting equipment. Two men had gone to the back of the building removed a sheet of cladding gained access then opened the main door, they backed in the van and proceeded to work. They weren't seen leaving but the peelers reckon they were there for a least two hours, brought their own gas axe and cut the door off to gain access. Cleaned him out consaws concrete chainsaw snap on tool kit the works, nothing ever was recovered. Insurance paid out after 6 months but declined to renew the protection for the workshop.

So at what point do you call it quits and say the replacement of equipment is cheaper than the cost of security..................................

i had to move site as we had our original shipping container broken into, thought was secure , welded box over locks etc, They hooked a chain to it and peeled it up like a tin can! also cut the hinges of another container with ease it seemed. 

then came back exactly 4 weeks later! but we had moved by then. Some right f##ker out there.

• Like 2

Not sure I agree that cameras and alarms are a waste of time, however unless you can respond quicker than the adversary can defeat ur security measures then they are simply a deterrent and reactive measure. The cameras need to be sited correctly and of high enough resolution to provide images that can be used in prosecution.
Smart water is a great product and a lot of fences won’t touch anything that is marked up.
  • Like 1

If you're thinking of investing then get on and do it, few weeks ago I had lock broken on my gate and landrover window smashed. I had a high security chain on order at the time, sadly the one actually on the gate at the time lasted about 10 seconds. Wish I'd ordered it when I first thought, but you can't turn back the clock.

Luckily they left without taking anything, and I've since moved the vehicle and invested in more security.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 10:57, jose said:

Morning all

A few years back i was at the saltek show and there was a firm that did high security lockups. A bit like custom containers built specifically for security.

Im sat at home bored with covid and started thinking about these but cant find any info in the web.

Another thought was to build a garage building from the ground up with security in mind. 

Anyone have any pointers either way for sources of information or companies?

Another reason i was thinking of this is i am fairly sure (would check before starting) but this is considered in the claiming back against tax with the super deduction scheme the gov is currently running.

Im in the south east., near Reading.

Many thanks

You have to do whatever you can to protect your stuff,but in reality whatever you do if they want to get in they will.I had a new container from Cleveland containers and had four good locks on it but they popped them off one night easily and took the kit,scumbags,i,m not trying to be negative but it,s a hell of a tall order to stop the ba&&ards these days

• Like 2