Bandit sg40

Connagh

17 hours ago, Connagh said:

It’s a tough choice to be honest been offered a brand new fsi b22 for 8 k inc vat but wonder wether it’s worth spending double and getting a bigger machine that I’ll be more than happy with. Was just gonna buy a good 2nd hand tracked chipper but they seem hard to come by. 

guess you have to decide on how much you are willing to invest.

Also transporting a bigger machine. The fsi is a lot smaller and lighter. i dont have trailer storage so thats a consideration, tracking a bigger grinder up a set of ramps gets sketchy if its a high body.

I had a demo years back and the guy had a sprinter van which suited him ( sales guy) but not for me as i need a tree surgery van and again limited storage/ parking.

Bigger machine is always easier on the body, just got to suit your setup

21 hours ago, Connagh said:

I managed to get hold of an arborist 130 a few weeks back which was an upgrade from my cs100 best change ive ever made the 130 for us is perfect not to big not to small going to save me probably £3-5k a year in waste as I’ve got people begging for all the bark chippings, so instead of just chucking it onto the trailer and taking it down the dump at £30 a time. I’m on a winner. But I get your point there ain’t many good machines 2nd hand but really am debating on just going all out and purchasing the sg40 they also do a green that matches the greenmech aha 

Did the cs100 not produce good enough quality chips to offer to allotment holders, gardeners etc?

not had to pay to tip for years but quality of what comes out of my jobeau m200 isn’t that great depending on what’s going through and the blades being proper sharp

6 hours ago, jose said:

guess you have to decide on how much you are willing to invest.

Also transporting a bigger machine. The fsi is a lot smaller and lighter. i dont have trailer storage so thats a consideration, tracking a bigger grinder up a set of ramps gets sketchy if its a high body.

I had a demo years back and the guy had a sprinter van which suited him ( sales guy) but not for me as i need a tree surgery van and again limited storage/ parking.

Bigger machine is always easier on the body, just got to suit your setup

Well I have a transit custom which I wouldn’t be with out and a 10x5 ifor Williams tipping trailer with chip sides which I hope would be able to transport the sg40 I haven’t checked the measurements of it as of yet. Got a tipper on order which isn’t available until September which could also be used to transport big machinery etc . We mainly only use them on 18 inch stumps hardly ever any bigger we’re always removing leylandi hedges. So wether it’s worth going big of go for a fsi instead or hb20.

49 minutes ago, rapalaman said:

Did the cs100 not produce good enough quality chips to offer to allotment holders, gardeners etc?

not had to pay to tip for years but quality of what comes out of my jobeau m200 isn’t that great depending on what’s going through and the blades being proper sharp

Not really in my opinion compared to my arborist 130 it’s perfect. We do so much removal of conniver hedges which are hideous to put through a small gravity fed chipper as you spend half the time fighting with it. Where as a roller feed takes it out of your hand and by the time you go to get the next bit it’s always chipped it. Cs100 was ideal for small pruning straight branches.

• Like 1

i had a cs100 for a bit. Great machine but nowhere near as good as bigger machine.

Regarding stumps if 18 is the max then a fsi will do that all day long. Obviously with sharp teeth as when blunt any grinders hard work.

If its once or twice a week your grind again fine.

If its every single day near enough then id consider the bigger machine. Its not about working hard , its working smart!

Nope defiantly not. It would be once or twice a week max I think if we pushed more stumps and then just mainly did stumps I think I would consider keeping the fsi and maybe going a tad bigger. But has anyone on here got a fsi b22? All I’ve heard of good things about it build quality etc.

I’ve the older version of the sg40, the zt1844. 
In 4 years it’s done 250 hours, I wouldn’t want to use a smaller machine, grinding sucks the joy out of life as it is! 

resale value I reckon a used SG40 will be more sought after/loose less value than the HB.