Bandit sg40

Connagh

27 minutes ago, treevolution said:

Hb20 is brilliant bit of kit and will go through a 25inch gate. 

Only problem is they have stopped making them so you would have to find a second hand one. 

Only downsize is your body will feel it after a days grinding. 

Love a sg40 but would only get it in 50% of the gardens I work in. 

There’s one or two kicking around online thing is looks like they’ve done a serious amount of work or they are over 10 years old. If your saying the sg40 would only fit into 50% of gardens are you in the big city? Thinking back about the jobs I do because we’re always removing boundaries etc to erect fences after we have removed the stumps etc it would fit in most but I’m in a small town/village

11 hours ago, treevolution said:

Even taken it through a few houses. 

Can't belive they got up to £12500, I managed to get mine for 8k. 

I think we paid £7,500 for our hb20. I was very shocked when I looked into buying a new one a year or so ago.

Edited by benedmonds

16 hours ago, Connagh said:

There’s one or two kicking around online thing is looks like they’ve done a serious amount of work or they are over 10 years old. If your saying the sg40 would only fit into 50% of gardens are you in the big city? Thinking back about the jobs I do because we’re always removing boundaries etc to erect fences after we have removed the stumps etc it would fit in most but I’m in a small town/village

I'm based just outside West London so most houses have small access points, steps and all sorts of things in the way before you get to the stump. 

The HB20 is perfect for what I do but I would not like to be grinding every day with it as its just so heavy. 

To be honest it is so well maded that with good maintenance they would easily last 20 years plus. 

fsi b22 is good. 

tried a HB20 but compared to my old predator 450 it felt huge and top heavy.

FSI although smaller engine is cracking for a pedestrian grinder. But go bigger and its going to be a lot easier on the body.

Predator never updated when i was looking at a new one and tbh i found it beat itself to death so to speak. FSI is in a different league for build quality to the predator

HB from what i remember was also a solid machine.

3 hours ago, jose said:

fsi b22 is good. 

tried a HB20 but compared to my old predator 450 it felt huge and top heavy.

FSI although smaller engine is cracking for a pedestrian grinder. But go bigger and its going to be a lot easier on the body.

Predator never updated when i was looking at a new one and tbh i found it beat itself to death so to speak. FSI is in a different league for build quality to the predator

HB from what i remember was also a solid machine.

It’s a tough choice to be honest been offered a brand new fsi b22 for 8 k inc vat but wonder wether it’s worth spending double and getting a bigger machine that I’ll be more than happy with. Was just gonna buy a good 2nd hand tracked chipper but they seem hard to come by. 

It’s a tough choice to be honest been offered a brand new fsi b22 for 8 k inc vat but wonder wether it’s worth spending double and getting a bigger machine that I’ll be more than happy with. Was just gonna buy a good 2nd hand tracked chipper but they seem hard to come by. 

I was going to sell my tracked chipper, it's a fantastic machine, well looked after. It's a Timberwolf230 VTR, 35hp engine will chip to capacity all day long......I looked at what I could replace it with and nothing comes close to the performance of that...the petrol equivalents are just not as good and the diesel ones have the smaller engines now. I think that's is why there is a shortage of good second hand machines, people are keeping what they have because there is nothing worth replacing them with. Having said that I'm demoing a bigger chipper soon but it's got a dpf so not sure how good that will be....

1 hour ago, Hodge said:

I was going to sell my tracked chipper, it's a fantastic machine, well looked after. It's a Timberwolf230 VTR, 35hp engine will chip to capacity all day long......I looked at what I could replace it with and nothing comes close to the performance of that...the petrol equivalents are just not as good and the diesel ones have the smaller engines now. I think that's is why there is a shortage of good second hand machines, people are keeping what they have because there is nothing worth replacing them with. Having said that I'm demoing a bigger chipper soon but it's got a dpf so not sure how good that will be....

I managed to get hold of an arborist 130 a few weeks back which was an upgrade from my cs100 best change ive ever made the 130 for us is perfect not to big not to small going to save me probably £3-5k a year in waste as I’ve got people begging for all the bark chippings, so instead of just chucking it onto the trailer and taking it down the dump at £30 a time. I’m on a winner. But I get your point there ain’t many good machines 2nd hand but really am debating on just going all out and purchasing the sg40 they also do a green that matches the greenmech aha 

• Like 1