Bandit sg40

Connagh

I have an SG 40, mine has the razor teeth cutting wheel and is a beast. Far better than green teeth, easy to sharpen and seem to stay sharp longer. The machine itself is great although there are a few things that are a bit of a let down......the fuel filler is a bit of a fiddle to use as it has a funny hole...one of cutter wheel bearings grease nipples is joke to get to....utter joke.....apart from that it's excellent.IMG_4704.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the information looks a beast. Is that your only main trade or do you work with trees also as we do landscaping gardening small trees and stumps and not too sure if it’s a too big of an investment for part time work and maybe go for a hb20 instead?

I run a tree surgery business and offer the stumps as part of my services. I had an HB20 before this and it was a brilliant machine, unfortunately due to a injury I needed a machine that you operate not wrestle🤣🤣an HB20 would be good if you don't do loads of grinding or loads of big stumps.

1 minute ago, Hodge said:

I run a tree surgery business and offer the stumps as part of my services. I had an HB20 before this and it was a brilliant machine, unfortunately due to a injury I needed a machine that you operate not wrestle🤣🤣an HB20 would be good if you don't do loads of grinding or loads of big stumps.

To be honest we hire a camon which is never looked after is abused and they never change the teeth after each use so it took us 2 hours today to grind 8 conniver stumps all between 6inch and 24 inch. We mainly remove hedges and then put up a fence in its place so stumps need to be grinder but need something I can own myself which will do no more than 40-50 hours a year as we will only generally use during winter months. 

Apparently the hb20 have been discontinued and the last one dean sold at global was £12.5k + vat. For the extra 3.5k I’m wondering wether to just go big or on the other hand the fsi b22 but it’s got a small HP compared to its competitors also looked at the predators which apparently have loads of problems!

Hb20 is brilliant bit of kit and will go through a 25inch gate. 

Only problem is they have stopped making them so you would have to find a second hand one. 

Only downsize is your body will feel it after a days grinding. 

Love a sg40 but would only get it in 50% of the gardens I work in. 

Hb20 is brilliant bit of kit and will go through a 25inch gate. 
Only problem is they have stopped making them so you would have to find a second hand one. 

Only downsize is your body will feel it after a days grinding. 

Love a sg40 but would only get it in 50% of the gardens I work in. 

I do wish I had kept my HB20, it was brilliant and got it into tight places.