Arbortec kayo

MattyF

Had them since November and so far really rate them. Far comfier than any other chainsaw boots I’ve had in the past 15 years. Great for long days in cutting boots and on spikes. No issues with spikes either. They’re still no alternative to a light pruning boot for silky jobs, but they are really nice, for a chainsaw boot. 
They are odd to put on, but you only put your boots on once a day and the tabs seem solid on mine at least.

• Like 2

Matty, are they just for pruning work?  A friend in the UK had his kit knicked and was chatting to him the other day.  He has just got these, went back to them after trying most other pruning type boots.

Available from Treekit.

B428CF1C-C3DF-44A8-84FF-C9AB6F62D8A4.thumb.jpeg.de238cc954b04d7bbe8165c88eecdbf6.jpeg
208AA222-5ACB-4459-974D-DCCC6E206608.thumb.jpeg.62969169725b676f0e30dc1515fb150c.jpeg

How does he find the grip with the Vibram sole ?
I just do not get on with Vibram soles apart from on my La Sportivas, but they are too soft to stand in tight forks .

These do look like a nicely designed boot though . Very tempted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 13/02/2022 at 16:12, Treerover said:

How does he find the grip with the Vibram sole ?
I just do not get on with Vibram soles apart from on my La Sportivas, but they are too soft to stand in tight forks .

These do look like a nicely designed boot though . Very tempted

So bought a pair of the Fitwells…..terrible for me. The sole is SO stiff , the laces ping of the tongue as the eyelets are too close to the top and the Vibram soul, as usual, slippy as a snowman’s nut end in the wet.

Had to sell them . 
The hunt goes on 😫

• 2 months later...

ive got a pair of these, i just dont like them at all the fit is like a pair of clown boots, hard to put on ,then hard to lace up properly and still feel like they are about to fall off!

ive not really noticed and benefit in the tree either.

they dont seem to be 100% waterproof either.

then when you get home you have to sit on the floor like a toddler and try and wrestle the dam things off.

• Haha 3