Stihl MS 362 starting problem when hot and tick over speed slightly too low

cessna

I have a 4yr old (or their abouts)   Stihl  Ms 362  chain saw which when hot will not start and the tick over speed is slightly  too low so when it stops it will not start as previously  mentioned . Cheltenham Garden Machinery have looked at it twice for me and they cant find out the problem.  As the carburettor is computerised or what ever you guys call it  I unable to make any adjustments so a very frustrating situation.   Have any of you experienced the above problem yourselves ,if so how did you get the problem fixed. 

Thanks in advance for any comments good or bad .  

8 hours ago, cessna said:

I have a 4yr old (or their abouts)   Stihl  Ms 362  chain saw which when hot will not start and the tick over speed is slightly  too low so when it stops it will not start as previously  mentioned . Cheltenham Garden Machinery have looked at it twice for me and they cant find out the problem.  As the carburettor is computerised or what ever you guys call it  I unable to make any adjustments so a very frustrating situation.   Have any of you experienced the above problem yourselves ,if so how did you get the problem fixed. 

Thanks in advance for any comments good or bad .  

Not Starting when hot is a symptom of possible low compression . When it gets hot the clearances open  up to point where it wont support combustion . Pull the muffler off and have a look at the piston .

As Stubby said, check the compression and if unable, check the piston through the exhaust port. if this is OK, fit a solenoid upgrade kit of Solenoid and fuel filter and this should sort it.

It is always worth checking the carb internal gauze strainer as well as this can get filled with fine chip cocking up the fuel delivery.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...