He don't see it how I do

eggsarascal

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Fishy Sunak says Stoke is 'on the up', he wants to come into the city and have a proper look round, it's like the bronx in places. He is deluded, or full of shite.

3 hours ago, Stere said:

His political idealogies seems  more  right  wing than boris who doesn't seem to have much interest in having any consistent over_arching_idealogy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

As a local to Stoke on Trent I can agree 101% with Eggs on this. I can also say that for someone who has always voted Tory , except Lib Dem last time, I now despise the Tories more than I had thought I could. That said, like in every party, there will be some decent backbenchers trying to genuinely do their best for people, but not getting any recognition.

I grew up near Stoke. It’s definitely gone downhill over the last 30 years IMO - I remember when some of the bigger pot banks were still open; H&R Johnson, Beswick etc. Plus a couple of pits.

Now - and it’s a genuine thought - I just don’t see where the major sources of employment growth will come from, which might bring some economic prosperity. Stoke is pretty well placed for logistics I guess, but as far as I know warehouses don’t employ huge numbers of people, nor are those jobs particularly highly paid.

Let’s hope Michelin and JCB keep going…

31 minutes ago, djbobbins said:

I grew up near Stoke. It’s definitely gone downhill over the last 30 years IMO - I remember when some of the bigger pot banks were still open; H&R Johnson, Beswick etc. Plus a couple of pits.

Now - and it’s a genuine thought - I just don’t see where the major sources of employment growth will come from, which might bring some economic prosperity. Stoke is pretty well placed for logistics I guess, but as far as I know warehouses don’t employ huge numbers of people, nor are those jobs particularly highly paid.

Let’s hope Michelin and JCB keep going…

JCB are not totally chinesium

JCB is one of the first agricultural engine makers to successfully modify its...

Edited by DanHorrich87

One thing that Sunak impresses me with is his white shirts. They are a really good fit on the shoulder, across the chest and arm length.

It is often very difficult to get a white shirt to fit across the chest, shoulder caps and sleeve length and his are always bob on unlike others9_9

Stoke on Trent - always found the people very friendly, some of the girls are a bit orange but generally....friendly and open but can't comment on the economics of the place....there are always good and bad areas of all major towns and cities...it is the way it is!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudulike said:

One thing that Sunak impresses me with is his white shirts. They are a really good fit on the shoulder, across the chest and arm length.

It is often very difficult to get a white shirt to fit across the chest, shoulder caps and sleeve length and his are always bob on unlike others9_9

Stoke on Trent - always found the people very friendly, some of the girls are a bit orange but generally....friendly and open but can't comment on the economics of the place....there are always good and bad areas of all major towns and cities...it is the way it is!

I'd like to think I'd be able to afford a well fitted shirt if I had a net worth of £200,000,000.

Edited by Mark J
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DanHorrich87 said:

JCB are not totally chinesium

JCB is one of the first agricultural engine makers to successfully modify its...

Might not be chinesium, but being Tory donors Mr Bamford's son got massive state handouts to fund this project. Shocking I know.

3 hours ago, spudulike said:

You've missed the point, the city of Stoke-on-Trent is made up of six towns, they are all dumps. It's only the outskirts of the city that have got anything going for them. 

• Like 1