Lucas Mill or part of one anyway.

trigger_andy

I’m just waiting on a quote. Will see what they say. 

The whole 6" mill is currently about 15k so brace yourself for a shock. It won't be cheap.I've seen some home made permanent rail setups and they dont have to be that complicated.I have the model 8.

If you need any advice or pics of how things work then shout.

Its well worth getting it to work. Awesome Mills for big logs or dimensional timber.

I quite fancy a second carriage myself so you can have one set up cutting either direction.

Also shout if you want to sell.

Edit.

Saying that I think the 6"carriage is narrower than the 8

9 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

The whole 6" mill is currently about 15k so brace yourself for a shock. It won't be cheap.I've seen some home made permanent rail setups and they dont have to be that complicated.I have the model 8.

If you need any advice or pics of how things work then shout.

Its well worth getting it to work. Awesome Mills for big logs or dimensional timber.

I quite fancy a second carriage myself so you can have one set up cutting either direction.

Also shout if you want to sell.

Edit.

Saying that I think the 6"carriage is narrower than the 8

£15k! That’s mad! Yeh, looks like I need to sit down to open the email when it arrives. 🤣

I guess I’ll need to start looking into bodging up a permanent rail set up as well. I’ll have to look on YouTube .

Thanks for the offer. Yes, I can see me asking for some advice. 

Can’t sell on here now that you all know what I’ve paid for it. ;) 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Well Mark and I came to a deal. A part of that deal included this old Wood-mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic. Just arrived home with it this evening after a nerve wracking trip wondering if anything would fall off. [emoji3] 

Unfortunately its been very neglected by the owner previous to Mark and it needs a huge amount of love and cash if its to ever be put to work again.

The realistic options for me are to rob it for bits, ie the Log Turner, Log Lift and maybe the hydraulic Tow Boards and incorporate them into my Logosol B751, but I dont think the frame on the Logosol is remotely up to that. 

Another option is to remove the Wood-Mizer Cantilever Saw Head and Bunks and mount the Logosol fully on the LT40 Chassis then take advantage of the Hydraulics. Id have to mount something like a GX390 to power the hydraulics. I dont know if everything would line up but I think its worth looking into. I think the cutting length of the LT40 is 6m So I could potentially get the full 6m Ive currently got on the Logosol on the LT40 Chassis with a bit of modification.

The last option is to just flog it on as is. But I really like the idea of a fully hudraulic B751. [emoji3] 

IMG_0670.jpg

• Like 3

Well Mark and I came to a deal. A part of that deal included this old Wood-mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic. Just arrived home with it this evening after a nerve wracking trip wondering if anything would fall off. [emoji3] 

Unfortunately its been very neglected by the owner previous to Mark and it needs a huge amount of love and cash if its to ever be put to work again.

The realistic options for me are to rob it for bits, ie the Log Turner, Log Lift and maybe the hydraulic Tow Boards and incorporate them into my Logosol B751, but I dont think the frame on the Logosol is remotely up to that. 

Another option is to remove the Wood-Mizer Cantilever Saw Head and Bunks and mount the Logosol fully on the LT40 Chassis then take advantage of the Hydraulics. Id have to mount something like a GX390 to power the hydraulics. I dont know if everything would line up but I think its worth looking into. I think the cutting length of the LT40 is 6m So I could potentially get the full 6m Ive currently got on the Logosol on the LT40 Chassis with a bit of modification.

The last option is to just flog it on as is. But I really like the idea of a fully hudraulic B751. [emoji3] 
IMG_0670.thumb.jpg.4bdfeb77a18d556f99d509f063655d8e.jpg
Nice. How far did you have to go to collect /swap that.?

14 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:
Well Mark and I came to a deal. A part of that deal included this old Wood-mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic. Just arrived home with it this evening after a nerve wracking trip wondering if anything would fall off. emoji3.png 

The last option is to just flog it on as is. But I really like the idea of a fully hudraulic B751. emoji3.png 
IMG_0670.thumb.jpg.4bdfeb77a18d556f99d509f063655d8e.jpg

Read more  

Nice. How far did you have to go to collect /swap that.?

We’re on opposite coasts of Scotland. So 4 hours each way. The wife and wee ones came and we made a wee break of it. Stayed a night in a Premier Inn (classy) on the way over and went out to eat. Today we went to the beach, it’s much warmer on the West Coast so I hear. 🤣

Back roads all the way home meant it was more like 5 hours back. Stunning views til it got dark. 

C2184F25-D6E2-4853-BBA5-05DBCF6998A8.jpeg

7E7F5261-F41A-409A-B525-9662A8F3A84A.jpeg

• Like 3