Driving licence

eggsarascal

My license was due to run out and it was the ten year one, so I needed to send a picture in (passport was out of date, not needed during Covid), anyway I still haven't got it back, this was in August 2020. Our kid told me yesterday that his took 10 months to come back, wtf do they do in Swansea?

31 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

My license was due to run out and it was the ten year one, so I needed to send a picture in (passport was out of date, not needed during Covid), anyway I still haven't got it back, this was in August 2020. Our kid told me yesterday that his took 10 months to come back, wtf do they do in Swansea?

Mine runs out Eggs mate , next month . Got the reminder here . My passport has expired ( thought no point renewing coz of all the trave restrictions )  Luckily we have a " participating " post office that will take your picture and do it on the spot . Least that's how I read it on the form .

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Mine runs out Eggs mate , next month . Got the reminder here . My passport has expired ( thought no point renewing coz of all the trave restrictions )  Luckily we have a " participating " post office that will take your picture and do it on the spot . Least that's how I read it on the form .

That's a new one on me, I'll ask at the post office. I've got a paper (email) trail saying that I'm ok to drive because my license is being processed, but that doesn't help when I need to drive another company's truck and their insurance want to see my card.

• Like 1

I'm afraid it's the luck of the draw, One bloke at work had to wait 15 months to get his back, another was 2 months and mine took 3 days. I've since renewed my passport only because it makes it easier to deal with the paperwork. Another thing I did think is I can't read my own writing it's so bad so I print all forms, did wonder if it's easier to process and the people at the office deal with the easy ones first? 

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

That's a new one on me, I'll ask at the post office. I've got a paper (email) trail saying that I'm ok to drive because my license is being processed, but that doesn't help when I need to drive another company's truck and their insurance want to see my card.

I just did mine a couple of days ago, did online using passport which they say is the quickest way. Last time I didn't have passport so used the post office and it didn't take long.

You can find your nearest participating post office here

You can renew your driving licence in a Post Office® branch near...

9 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

I just did mine a couple of days ago, did online using passport which they say is the quickest way. Last time I didn't have passport so used the post office and it didn't take long.

You can find your nearest participating post office here

You can renew your driving licence in a Post Office® branch near...

Well, I never! School days n all that.

• Like 3

From the Gov website:- (regarding DVLA licence renewals)

Last updated 17 January 2022

Our online services are working as normal and without delay. This is the quickest, easiest, and often cheapest way to deal with us. We recommend that you use our online services where possible. If you apply online, you should receive your driving licence or vehicle registration certificate (V5C) within 5 days.

If you have posted your paper application to us, here are the dates of applications we are currently processing.

Processing dates for paper applications

The following information lists the date we are currently working on for our most popular paper applications. The information below will be updated weekly until further notice.
Type of application Date currently being processed
Renew a driving licence with a new photo 26 October 2021
Apply for a first provisional driving licence with UK identity 28 October 2021
Renew a driving licence if you’re 70 or over or after disqualification or revocation 26 October 2021
Apply for a first vocational driving licence 13 January 2022
Renew a vocational driving licence 12 January 2022
Apply for a driving licence with non-UK identity 26 October 2021
Apply for or renew a tachograph card 12 January 2022
Apply to change your name or address on your driving licence 27 October 2021
Tell DVLA about the sale of a vehicle 10 January 2022
Vehicle registration certificate (V5C) changes 31 December 2021*
Apply for a replacement V5C log book 21 December 2021*
Register a vehicle for the first time (including previously used and imports) 6 January 2022
Retain or assign a vehicle registration number 7 January 2022

We are processing paper applications in the order we receive them. If you sent your application after the dates shown above, please do not contact us as it has not been processed yet.