Two-sided stove.

I can't remember the details of it but I fitted a double end stove for a mate in 2015 and they love it. Opened up the living room fireplace through into the kitchen. It heats whole house easily, they rarely run both ends of it.

DSC_1181.thumb.JPG.8bcb78a2f6fd1ecf60670e54dcc2c29a.JPG

DSC_1180.thumb.JPG.cd79139e14cad400c5f5153154e23307.JPG

Edit. Was particularly proud of the "H" shaped slate hearth, it's a single piece cut from a pub pool table bed.

Edited by Doug Tait
  • Like 7

IMG_4590.jpg

We’ve got a Hunter hawk double sided stove. When we were doing the house up this was one of the only ones that would fit in the gap. To be fair it’s a bit of a waste really as we rarely use it as our Rayburn does all of the heating and hot water. With the log burner on as well it takes the house up to nearly 30 degrees. It’s only a small cottage for reference.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the traditional double sided stoves have been made obsolete as they dont comply with Ecodesign legislation that came into force on 1/1/22.

I would usually use Hunter,  not the best stoves in the world but not the worst.  Those that make the best dont do double sided.

Got a feeling that Eurostove have 2022 compliant double siders.

A

22 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Most of the traditional double sided stoves have been made obsolete as they dont comply with Ecodesign legislation that came into force on 1/1/22.

I would usually use Hunter,  not the best stoves in the world but not the worst.  Those that make the best dont do double sided.

Got a feeling that Eurostove have 2022 compliant double siders.

A

Thanks for that.

It's for a family member so I've just been relaying the info from here on to them.

Finding a decent double-sided is turning out to be so difficult that they're even thinking of re-jigging the layout to allow them to fit a conventional stove.

It's going in to a new build.

We have a Mendip Loxton 8 double sided stove - been fitted now for about 5 years - but due to where it is, has not been used much recently (fitted between hall and dining room).  When we were redoing our heating system, it was used continuously one winter, re-kindled in the morning, used all day, loaded up at night etc.  No concerns about recommending it - we have ours fed from an external air supply (pipe comes up to the base of the stove where it directly interfaces with the stove air intake), so no nasty drafts when it is not in use.

On 05/02/2022 at 10:17, TuscanPhil said:

We have a Mendip Loxton 8 double sided stove - been fitted now for about 5 years - but due to where it is, has not been used much recently (fitted between hall and dining room).  When we were redoing our heating system, it was used continuously one winter, re-kindled in the morning, used all day, loaded up at night etc.  No concerns about recommending it - we have ours fed from an external air supply (pipe comes up to the base of the stove where it directly interfaces with the stove air intake), so no nasty drafts when it is not in use.

Thanks for that.

Looks like a very viable option should they consider wood only, which is what I've been trying to persuade them to do anyway!