New kiln

Big Beech

3 hours ago, Big Beech said:

If you watch some of the videos, I think they show content.

I am sensing skepticism in your posts 🙂

These boys in the videos seem to be at the lower end of kiln drying hence my skepticism, maybe that is why these diy videos have put those on the forum from commenting. The stacking / stickering was beyond belief in one - fairly basic to get that part right.

Good luck though.

49 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

These boys in the videos seem to be at the lower end of kiln drying hence my skepticism, maybe that is why these diy videos have put those on the forum from commenting. The stacking / stickering was beyond belief in one - fairly basic to get that part right.

Good luck though.

Yes the slapdash approach is not for me I am much more regimented in my approach, I am not one for spending money without return. 

I've seen plenty of videos and FB chats and hopefully have in my mind the process to move forward I feel.

Fans are a sticking point here in the UK it seems.... All vanity based, wrong sizes and volumes unless you go proper industrial, but over sized for a craft of this size 🙄

Edited by Big Beech

17 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

Good luck though.

If you want a more professional version, here you go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

So if you dont mind me asking how much was that box ,as I was offered on very similar bot a whole intackt box with double doors on one end in nice condition delivered to my yard for £550 that kinda looked like a good deal what do you guys think

Sounds about right.

A lot of guys use the insulated van backs, however since the likes of tesco, sainsbury etc now have there own delivery vans they are not particularly designed well for what we want though with small indivdual doors  and a single small roller door. Sure you could cut one about but makes life awkward. They can be had dirt cheap for about 300-400 if you can put up with their shortfall of design. I wouldn't have! This i can load straight in with the wood on a pallet and forks without having to hand ball them individually in and stack!

550 delivery sounds good and fair to me.

If you look on ebay there are some listed near Ringwood i was contemplating. My back is entirely aluminium and cost me £620 buying and collecting, excluding my Sunday drive time.

I've now bought 90% of the bits i need and will come in under 1500 all in, fans, heater, dehumidifier, temperature/ humidity gauge, anemometer, glues, wood etc.

Edited by Big Beech
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My box arrived last week now just need to dismantle the fridge unit and install my Arrowsmith Kiln unit and run some power to it will try and get some photos up ,if you need a fan I have a spare industrial fan in a big metal frame and I think it may have a thermostat on it let me know and I will take some photos of it .