Chainsaws, and problems with worth saving?

Tree monkey 1682

1 minute ago, gary112 said:

Well if you took it out of service once and he wouldn,t fix it then you shouldn,t have took it back up the tree should you,and no i have never worked for you and never would

i,d be in fear of you throwing a saw from up above

I was told it was fixed, simple. No one else could ever use it. 

Non of the people I've had in gangs or worked around have had an incident. I'm 39 first placement was 13,   first used a chainsaw at ten. 

I've done very discipline of arb work, I've never employed stoners or coke head s which I know is rife in this industry. 

You don't know me, so don't judge it or the environment or the site I was on. 

And if you have nothing to say useful don't say it. 

13 minutes ago, Tree monkey 1682 said:

I was told it was fixed, simple. No one else could ever use it. 

Non of the people I've had in gangs or worked around have had an incident. I'm 39 first placement was 13,   first used a chainsaw at ten. 

I've done very discipline of arb work, I've never employed stoners or coke head s which I know is rife in this industry. 

You don't know me, so don't judge it or the environment or the site I was on. 

And if you have nothing to say useful don't say it. 

Not judging my friend just saying it the way i see it.Nothing clever about chucking saws from trees,you,d be dangerous to work around doing tricks like that,just glad it didn,t harm anyone,or as you said in a previous comment there would have been another of those unnecassary hse investigations.Anyway i,m a fair bit older than you,so been using saws a while aswell. 

And what would you rather, the was nothing around in the darkest depths of Dorset  bar a conifer and a concrete slab below it... 

Would you rather I knocked on your partners door and said sorry Gary had a fatal accident due to a faulty saw  up a tree today or lob it onto concrete and it's broken beyond repair...? Just because my boss didn't, wouldn't or lied to me about the state of that saw....  By the nature of the work its dangerous let alone bosses running faulty equipment to shave or save money.  

Call it pre maddona, call it what you will but it got the result.... No one could use, repair or do anything with that saw it was out of service pernermently. End of 

6 minutes ago, Tree monkey 1682 said:

And what would you rather, the was nothing around in the darkest depths of Dorset  bar a conifer and a concrete slab below it... 

Would you rather I knocked on your partners door and said sorry Gary had a fatal accident due to a faulty saw  up a tree today or lob it onto concrete and it's broken beyond repair...? Just because my boss didn't, wouldn't or lied to me about the state of that saw....  By the nature of the work its dangerous let alone bosses running faulty equipment to shave or save money.  

Call it pre maddona, call it what you will but it got the result.... No one could use, repair or do anything with that saw it was out of service pernermently. End of 

How was this saw so dangerous that it had to be smashed to pieces to save lives?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

How was this saw so dangerous that it had to be smashed to pieces to save lives?

It was sent out for dismantling/section felling mature trees  and doing mega awkward work  around lv, hv work.. And crane jobs. It would run, cut out, fling chain around, die, not start or die halfway through  cuts, it'd stall. I'd had enough with being lied to and shaved costs whilst the boss ran an expensive evo.... 

2 minutes ago, Tree monkey 1682 said:

It was sent out for dismantling/section felling mature trees  and doing mega awkward work  around lv, hv work.. And crane jobs. It would run, cut out, fling chain around, die, not start or die halfway through  cuts, it'd stall. I'd had enough with being lied to and shaved costs whilst the boss ran an expensive evo.... 

You didn’t have your own trim saw? After all those years in the biz.

• Like 2

I have three or four, but if your employed why should I be using my tools on an employed job? 

I ended up taking my h42  and finishing the job... That way after chucking the saw on the pad. The best bit is I knew what he was charging, but he'd never invest in new equipment. 

I see things in black and white... Nice and clear cut 

2 hours ago, Tree monkey 1682 said:

a new ish top handle out of a tree

35 minutes ago, Tree monkey 1682 said:

he'd never invest in new equipment. 

So can you explain? sounds like all you needed to do was give it back to him and tell him to take it back to were he bought it. 

If you are not climbing why do you need top handle saw. 

• Like 2