Jensen stress control fuse.

s o c

Hi. We’ve just converted pto chipper to trailed and fitted new 3pin plug to tractor so won’t have to be swapping between trailer tail lights and chipper plug.

does the stress control box have its own fuse and if not, what ampage fuse should I use for new socket?

Thanks 

Hi my Jensen A521 old but strong, has no fuse that I know, the sensor on chipper wheel goes into the box of magic which then controls the switch on the hydrologic valve to slow the indeed wheels, did find a strange "fuse" Hiden behind the box of magic that melted, but hat was for starter motor on Harz diesel replace with a proper in line fuse. There must be a fuse on the stress power in, on my board I had to replace a diode that fell of "dry joint" (normal black and red stripe) this was powering to stress controls I think, it worked any way. But it was getting to my limitations in electronics, as hobby engineering.

Don't give up the best compliment I got in Germany was "Hobby engineer are not so Bad, because they think out of the box"

2 hours ago, s o c said:

Yes.

Other Jensen  pto we have is powered from tail lights pin on trailer plug.

15amp seems a bit strong to me , maybe there’s a lighter fuse in the box somewhere?

Stick a smaller inline fuse in then, remember the fuse doesn't protect the stress control it protects the cable and gubbins upstream if something shorts in or near it.

• Like 2