Aspen for a 40:1 mix

shailagh

14 hours ago, Stubby said:

Oh and yes . It can sit in your saw a long time .

Five years I'm pretty sure is the Aspen claim.

On a slightly different note, after initially trying the Husky fuel, I happened to be in a garden supplies shop today where there was Aspen and I brought a couple of cans of it home to try.

Anyone who says they are the same, and I've seen a few, plainly hasn't even went to the trouble of smelling them both. They smell completely different so plainly not the same thing!

Be interesting to see if there's any difference in running, particularly starting!

37 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

On a slightly different note, after initially trying the Husky fuel, I happened to be in a garden supplies shop today where there was Aspen and I brought a couple of cans of it home to try.

Anyone who says they are the same, and I've seen a few, plainly hasn't even went to the trouble of smelling them both. They smell completely different so plainly not the same thing!

Be interesting to see if there's any difference in running, particularly starting!

I've not tried any of the others but my 135 has not been run on anything but Aspen and it starts and runs fine, never takes more then 3 or 4 pulls to fire. A friend has the same saw but newer run on pump fuel and it is not so good but he does tend to neglect it.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have only used the Aspen 4 stroke stuff once so cannot compare it to anything else.

The Husqvarna stuff, i have used both sorts. Apart from my chipper that i bought second hand, the only fuel any of my stuff has ever seen is Husqvarna fuel. Yes, they say the stuff keeps for 5 years in the can or 2 years in the machine..

I know some people do not like the cost, and if you are using a machine every day, then you are probably going to be ok with pump fuel, but if your stuff is ever going to be stood for any more than a few days, well, you would have to be daft not to use the alkylate stuff..

As for starting and stuff, everything i have always starts instantly, no probs at all, hot or cold and i have quite a few different machines..

The exhaust fumes smell a bit strange though!!

john..

7 hours ago, coppice cutter said:

I use both ( whatever is available , lately the Husqvarna one ) and can tell no difference in performance so in that respect I would say they are similar . 

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

I use both ( whatever is available , lately the Husqvarna one ) and can tell no difference in performance so in that respect I would say they are similar . 

I would imagine that insofar as fuel is concerned they are exactly the same. The only difference i would imagine between the different makes is the type of oil added to them. Stihl claim JASO FB for their's and Husqvarna claim JASO FD [the synthetic stuff] for their's..

john..

• Like 1