OPINIONS WANTED!

Jamesedwards.jtr

On 11/01/2022 at 07:13, Jamesedwards.jtr said:

I am doing some unofficial market research.

I work for Glendale and despite our best efforts we are struggling to recruit arborists. Therefore, I would like to know your opinions on Glendale.

Please post your reply if you want - any responses will be used anonymously and as research ONLY - or answer the pole.

Thanks

No wants to work in the race to the bottom. employed or self employed that doesn’t change. 
Poor money for poor work seems to be the reputation. 

I think the biggest problem with recruitment is the lack of new people wanting to do tree work. 

I heard that Merrist Wood has so far only 7 people boom this year to do any courses related to tree work. 

When I was there in 2000 I was 1 of 40 on the nca plus the guys doing the diploma and also the 10 week course. 

You can offer all sorts but if there's not the work force the companys offer the least money don't stand a chance of recruiting. 

The other problem with Glendale and other firms that size is there are to many middle people. 

Well popular or unpopular opinion but i have worked in the Southwest for just over three years with Glendale. It has been a bumpy road but the last year has seen dramatic and positive change. 

Yes we do have some local authority work which is lower paid but to be honest its pretty easy and a nice rest inbetween the more commercial aspects that have come on in 2021. 

Do a great job, prove yourself and the financial rewards are there along with all the support you would want from a large company. 

I have worked for a few others over the years and have 100% respect for everything they are currently working towards. 

Glendale is certainly not what is was 2 years ago. I haven't seen the Glendale adverts, if you are a great person please do apply and join me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/01/2022 at 17:54, Mark Bolam said:

@Jamesedwards.jtr I hope you don’t think we’re simply having a pop at you.

You asked for an honest opinion and you’re getting one!

It’s how genuine, experienced arbs perceive the current state of affairs, and it’s certainly not limited specifically to Glendale.

I don't think that at all. It's all good. I appreciate everybody's input. 

• Like 6