Heta scan line 16

I’m new to log burners so please tolerate my ignorance. I’ve got a large open plan space I’m looking to put a burner in. It’s about 138sqm. I’ve come across a scan line 16. I understand this is older model. With the new regs can this be still installed? And does have anyone any reviews of this stove ? Any information is appreciated 

Thank you Neiln, The stove is a ex display, So brand new from a onlne retailer. My concern is I live in a some control zone. This is where I am confused. Can I just use ready to burn logs and I'm compliant? Or do you have to use a Defra burner and ready to burn logs. OR if you have a defra burner you can ultimately burn anything within reason. 

I've visited a number of local resellers but left more unsure then walking in, As they are trying to sell their brands/stock etc. 

I've seen first hand the Heta scanline 900 and was impressed, However its a bit outside my budget.  

If it is for sale from a store then it will be OK to use, but they will know the local area and where the smoke control zones start and stop and so on (frustrating for me, I am in the zone which stops at the centre line of the road in front of the house).

For the logs, at the moment you can buy ready to burn logs and in the near future they will all be that (I think), however if you throw them in a river for 6 months (don't) and then tried to burn them you are OK to do that - no regulations that the end user has to keep them dry, or even that the petrol station forecourt has to (a comment from a while ago, you can kiln dry the logs but if the retailer stacks them outside then they will probably need drying again to get to that magic 20% moisture). If you collect your own firewood again, you are OK to do that, and dry it as you like.

As for how dry a log has to be... the stove manufacturers say about 20% moisture content is good however nothing to say what you can and can't burn. The wetter it is the less useful heat you get since some will be used to heat and dry the next logs, and the chimney will need sweeping more often. More logs - if you make your own - means more chopping

If the stove is marked as Defra exempt then it is OK to use in a smoke control zone.

So.... I would get a Defra exempt stove if you live near civilisation, and you can burn what you like within reason. The dryer the better though.

For a smoke control zone, you can burn smokeless fuels in any (multi fuel) stove, or wood in a DEFRA exempt appliance.  The list of exempt stoves is on the DEFRA website.  There are no rules on the wood you burn, like with stoves the rules are for the sellers/producers.

• 3 weeks later...

Heta make superb stoves,  they are in my opinion one of the top two or three stove manufactures out there at this time.

Scan line 16 is not a current model so cant advise technically as I am a very new Heta dealer,    looks around 7kw nominal so given average insulation values in the house/stove room then you will need a room with a volume of around 100 cu m to get the best from it.

A