Shoulder Injuries

gary112

5 hours ago, Stubby said:

Yep . Live on Omeprazol ( 1 a day ) and 1x 400mg Ibuprofen + 1x 500mg Co-codamol twice a day . ( morning and night ) .  Left shoulder was completely smashed to matchwood so is now a metal ball on a spike pushed into the humerus . Next to useless .  Consequently the right shoulder does all the work resulting in two snapped tendons . The rotator  cuff is none existent on the left . So Gary I feel your pain and it seems you feel mine 🙂

that co-codamol will bung you up you will need syrup of figs next 

as others have said step back a bit it will only come back to bite you in later life 

7 hours ago, daveatdave said:

that co-codamol will bung you up you will need syrup of figs next 

as others have said step back a bit it will only come back to bite you in later life 

Been on it for years . The amount I take just puts a concrete end on the first one . After that its ok . When I was it ITU I was on a morphine drip . That bungs you up . Had to have the Richards removed by hand ! ( you leave your dignity in the car park . ) 

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Been on it for years . The amount I take just puts a concrete end on the first one . After that its ok . When I was it ITU I was on a morphine drip . That bungs you up . Had to have the Richards removed by hand ! ( you leave your dignity in the car park . ) 

Perfect time of day for this!

• Haha 1

Just over 50 now and your right its way too long to be on strong pain killers but need em in a morning to get me going,have been taking just a couple a day until this happened,but what your saying is right gotta find a way to get this sorted now

Same age as me [emoji23]……..[emoji30]………[emoji1353]
  • Like 1

It is your stomach that will give up eventually.   Those drugs are what induce reflux.  Having had that pretty bad, it is as welcome as the toothache.   Very unfortunate and I hope you can find another way to live and stay afloat. Remember.........your health, is your wealth.

• Like 3

I have had a few shoulder problems over the years.  Snowboarding injuries and wear and tear from years of tree work.

In 2019 ish I managed to completely dislocate the shoulder, stretched everything in the area but luckily nothing broken.  Ended up with a trip to hospital to get relocated.  However, I did damage to the rotary cuff in a couple of places.  I was out of work for around 10 months.

Due to the damage and incorrect physio, it set me back about 4 months.  I eventually found a sports physio and a great chiro.  The both were familiar with shoulder injuries and treated lots of pro climbers and handball players.

Problem with shoulder injuries is what works for one person may not work for another.

After a few consultations they realised that the problems root cause was the shoulder blade.  I had torn the muscles in my back that stabilise the scapula.  So I went back to basics.  Concentration on correct placement of scapula during simple exercises and sets to work on the Rhomboid (I think that was the muscle).  Once the scapula was correctly aligned the head of the humorous would sit correctly in the rotary cuff and then and only then did I start back on the band exercises to stabilise the joint.

It took a while but I got back to full strength and train Muay Thai and Climbing most days.

Good luck.  with the rehab and the pain relief.  I ditched the pain killers after the first week.  Managed a lot with CBD oil and PMA.

I wish you well with trying to ditch the tramadol.  My dad was on them for over 14 years.  They are not a nice drug.

97AF74D5-6165-4963-BAA9-96981361EB40.jpeg

• Like 2