Another which stove?

Planning to add a stove to our home and been doing some research and totally confused. We have decided we want a log burner rather than multifuel as have. Good supply of logs so suspect this will be all we use! 
Our local suppliers have multiple different makes but we have read good things about charnwood but also liked the look of the stovax. 
We like the look of the charnwood country 4 but have been told the charnwood C4/C5 are slightly higher spec although I can't see much difference when I've had a look? 
We also liked the stovax Sheraton. 
Does anyone have any strong opinions/preferences/ideas about which we should go for? Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, Toon49 said:

Planning to add a stove to our home and been doing some research and totally confused. We have decided we want a log burner rather than multifuel as have. Good supply of logs so suspect this will be all we use! 
Our local suppliers have multiple different makes but we have read good things about charnwood but also liked the look of the stovax. 
We like the look of the charnwood country 4 but have been told the charnwood C4/C5 are slightly higher spec although I can't see much difference when I've had a look? 
Does anyone have any strong opinions/preferences/ideas about which we should go for? Thanks for any help!

Check out Burley . I have one and can't fault it .

• Like 1

agree with the above

i’ve always bought charnwoods up to now - 7 so far - but recently moved + have put 3 burleys into this house.

they’re brilliant + hugely efficient - as long as you only burn properly dry wood + kindling.

otherwise they just won’t have it.

they are wood only though and top flue only

• Like 1

I've a Parkray Aspect 5kw (Hunter make them).  Brilliant stove with a huge firebox.  There's just one air control lever which does primary and secondary airflow. The draw on the thing is like a forge.

I've a similar output Charnwood in the next room and it is also good but definitely comes second (but perhaps looks a bit nicer aesthetically I suppose).

I got both stoves from stovefitters online - they quite often have good offers. 

Guest Gimlet
12 hours ago, Toon49 said:

I recently moved into a temporary rented house with a Stovax Stockton 5 stove fitted. Wasn't expecting much but actually, I'm quite impressed. It puts out a generous amount of heat, it's very controllable, it will stay in overnight and last all day, it's economical on wood and produces little ash. Good stove. And it's got a flat top so there's always a kettle simmering for free hot water. 

The landlord is tight, spends the minimum and buys Argos quality so there is no flue liner, but as I live in a very windy area that may be helping the slower burning. Either way, when I buy my own place I would consider a Stovax based on this experience. 

10 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Yours is room sealed isn't it @Stubby? I.e. all the combustion air id from outside and no air from the room goes into the stove?

Is that bottom leaver what controls the air and is that full open when over to the right?

It can be room sealed but mine is not . The air slide fully to the right is wide open . There is also a first catch on the door that holds it open a few milometers . I have the air slide to the right with the door just open for a few mins to heat up the flue . Then shut the door fully for 10 mins or so and when you feel its hot enough move the air slide over to the left till you get the desired flame . Its very simple to use . These are no other controls . 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1