What Bar? Sugihara vs. Tsumura vs. Cannon vs. ?

Ben Pinnick

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

I'm running Sugi, Tsumura and GB bars, in a variety of bar lengths. I'm a bit like Matty in my Sugi opinion. I'm using a 15 on my 550 currently though and it's holding up well. The Tsumura lost all its colouring very fast, and I managed to take a chunk out the bar quite easily which was disappointing. It's languishing in the back of the truck. I have a 28 inch GB on my 390, and it's a thing of beauty 😍 

All I can conclusively say, is I always ditch my standard Husqvarna bars for some aftermarket one. Maybe I'm being hasty?! 

Is it me or is the GB a bad colour match for a husky? At the risk of sounding like a princess, I don't think I could live with it being 2 shades different 🤣🤣   My day job is in an industry where thats really important to our customers and I think I've become conditioned to hate it.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Ben Pinnick said:

Is it me or is the GB a bad colour match for a husky? At the risk of sounding like a princess, I don't think I could live with it being 2 shades different 🤣🤣   My day job is in an industry where thats really important to our customers and I think I've become conditioned to hate it.

I can live with it 😃

Screenshot_20220113-101603_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2

The new X Tough Light bars from Husky appear to be Tsumura or SugiHara depending on the market.

If you look at these images closely you can see one is a Sugi, the other image a Tsumura:

Discover a Husqvarna guide bar that feels lightweight and works heavyweight. Low weight, durable and efficient...

The new X Tough Light bars from Husky appear to be Tsumura or SugiHara depending on the market.
If you look at these images closely you can see one is a Sugi, the other image a Tsumura:

zi-593934.jpg?v=8121062c61b01586&format=opengraph-contain WWW.HUSQVARNA.COM
Discover a Husqvarna guide bar that feels lightweight and works heavyweight. Low weight, durable and efficient...  
I think@RobD posted about that somewhere else, Husqvarna tried out Sugi and Tsumura and they both appeared in press shots but they later settled on Tsumura for everything.

That's rumour of course, I've no evidence and a dodgy memory at the best of times.

While we're on rumours, the Husqvarna XForce are stamped MADE IN CANADA, I've two bars for my 9010 and the angled oil hole in the 28" Husky bar looks exactly like the angled hole in the 36" Oregon bar. So I reckon Husqvarna bars are made by Oregon, as were the old spec chains eg H42.

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think@RobD posted about that somewhere else, Husqvarna tried out Sugi and Tsumura and they both appeared in press shots but they later settled on Tsumura for everything.

That's rumour of course, I've no evidence and a dodgy memory at the best of times.

While we're on rumours, the Husqvarna XForce are stamped MADE IN CANADA, I've two bars for my 9010 and the angled oil hole in the 28" Husky bar looks exactly like the angled hole in the 36" Oregon bar. So I reckon Husqvarna bars are made by Oregon, as were the old spec chains eg H42.

I think they're different in the US/Canada. I did check it out and all shots in that market are SugiHaras, and they have a dfferent (although very similar) part code. I would guess supply constraints won out and they had to split the orders. High grade steel is hard to get right now.

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

Most of the X Tough Light I have seen in the US were SugiHara sourced. I've worked closely with Rob and was the ROI rep for a while.

Here's one of many videos on the toobz, and you can also peruse the US forums as well to see more examples, some of which show quite a bit more detail:

• Like 2