tomorrow reduction..lime with TPO

Gareth 85

14 hours ago, Mark J said:

That's a good work mate. Easy 40% of photosynthetic area and the tree lives to fight another day.

thanks..its good to get feedback off people that understand the job and I value their opinions..

its sometimes difficult to be totally sure your doing what the specs intend when they are so vague lol

16 hours ago, Gareth 85 said:

I I did find it pretty non specific and wondered if it had been purposely left vague to avoid being restricted in options provided we didn't use it as an excuse to take the piss 🤔 

the cavities where at various heights the biggest being around 15ft high and the two in the one photo where they are at different heights where around 35 ft to 45ft up and the other fairly large one was again around the 40ft point with multiple smaller ones around 60ft or more.

Yeah I did wonder whether the intention was to take weight out of the canopy from above the various cavities/rot pockets from historical heavy pruning - some of them look pretty extensive. 

1 hour ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

provid

1 hour ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Yeah I did wonder whether the intention was to take weight out of the canopy from above the various cavities/rot pockets from historical heavy pruning - some of them look pretty extensive. 

yeah I think your right, that is basically exactly what I was thinking once I got around and had a look...some branches and limbs I removed completely where definitely in a bad shape and you could tell they would be a problem not too far into the future.

• Like 1

40% is too much, is there a problem with rot etc. 40% reduction in the inner mass? Still don't seem good. The town council, do they have new man, that maybe does not really understand trees. I would double check before doing anything. We are Arborist not Buchers. (Sorry to any Buchers out there).